Chicago Motor Cars Fraud and Falsely Advertises

davidbates65

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a car enthusiast, I feel it is my responsibility to share my story with you. I thought I had found a great dealer with great prices, but I was very wrong.

Everything started out great, I was shopping for a low miles and of course, in great condition with a clean car fax. I put money down to purchase the car and set up a time/date to pick it up. That's when things went horribly wrong. Upon my arrival the car had just been in an accident that of course nobody was going to take blame for. It was figured out that the salesman took the car to gas it up and desided to race it and get on the gas pedal, by doing so he ran the car in to a concrete gas pump protector. I have since found out that this dealership is know to "race" it's cars prior to customers purchasing them. The customer service was beyond horrible, so I walked away. Before I could get home, the owner, Parin Shah, called me and rolled out the red carpet promising to fix things and make the car perfect, everything it was promised to be. Since then, everything has gone wrong. I have yet to receive the title, and the original keys. As you know, the keyless go does not work with a "backup" key. Did I mentioned the car was falsely advertised and that it did not contain all the options? I have tried contacting the company, but have been repeatedly ignored. They got their money, so now they don't want anything to do with me, until now. It has been brought to their attention that I have been posting reviews. As a customer, I am entitled. The responses from them are less than professional. I should have done my homework and read reviews prior to purchasing. It turns out, I'm not the first to have these issues with them. As a lesson, sometimes a too good to be true deal is just that, too good to be true. Very shady and definitely not trustworthy. So as a lesson, make sure you know your dealership well before purchasing. Now I have just found out that the car was in a bad accident which was not disclosed on the carfax, another cover up from Chicago Motor Cars and Parin Shah. Check out this page, http://www.chicagomotorcars.us/ this webmaster has prepared a full page on the complaints about Chicago Motor Cars.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you ended up buying it after the crash. How come?

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was looking for a car I went in there. But I quickly left.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a good first post to the VCA, Welcome and try to get some good representaion to assist you.

Bruce

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, welcome to the Viper Club of America forums.

Second, We need to be careful that these posts, when it is your very first, can appear to possibly be an intentional smear post on the Dealer.

I know this is after the fact, but it would have been helpful to ask some questions here first, ask for references, and possibly have another local owner look at the car with you or for you. I have been to several dealers and helped two new owners over the last year make a Viper purchase. One was local and the other in Ohio (5 hours away).

How long have you waited for the title? is the car financed? if so you will not see a title until it is paid off. As for the advertised options not being what was advertised, exactly what was missing? there are not very many options, and those that are available would be very obvious. (ACR package, Navigation, etc..)

Take the car to a reputable dealer and have it inspected. This will cost a couple bucks but will be worth the investment.

Remember, if you trash them too far, there is no "up side" for them to help you, the damage is already done. Tread carefully.

Good luck.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wanted a clean car, why did you agree to it gettig fixed after it's been in an accident?

Never trust carfax. I'd rather have a good viper tech inspect the car than believing a carfax.

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUN from them. You should see the GTR forum as well.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This really looks like a spam type post and doesn't even sound like the car in question was a Viper.

If you read into my post, that was what I suggested, but in fairness, it could be legit.

Let's see if he comes back to follow up.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This really looks like a spam type post and doesn't even sound like the car in question was a Viper.

I agree. It's about a Mercedes Benz :

"davidbates65 Says:

Apr 15, 2012 - Stay away from this dealership, the fraud and unprofessional conduct as a businessman is unbelievable. They will lie about the true features on a car hoping you won't catch it. Then selling you a car they don't have a title for, how is this possible. Bought a Benz from them and the reckless salesman ran it in to a gas pump before I arrived. Then wanted to lie and say that's the way the car was when it was put up for sales."

see this link: http://www.video.money4member.com/video/2B_e5H-1jPU/2012-BMW-7-Series-West-Chicago-IL.html

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. It's about a Mercedes Benz :

"davidbates65 Says:

Apr 15, 2012 - Stay away from this dealership, the fraud and unprofessional conduct as a businessman is unbelievable. They will lie about the true features on a car hoping you won't catch it. Then selling you a car they don't have a title for, how is this possible. Bought a Benz from them and the reckless salesman ran it in to a gas pump before I arrived. Then wanted to lie and say that's the way the car was when it was put up for sales."

see this link: http://www.video.money4member.com/video/2B_e5H-1jPU/2012-BMW-7-Series-West-Chicago-IL.html

The story is different here too. :popcorn:

OP
OP
D

davidbates65

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought two cars from this guy. One Benz and one Viper. I'm here to tell the truth, this guy seen a honest customer and he took advantage me. My fault, but now it's my turn to expose him and his shady dealership.

OP
OP
D

davidbates65

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUN from them. You should see the GTR forum as well.
I seen that forum on the GTR, they knew he was no good and a shday business man. They allowed Chicago Motor Cars to explain what a great car he had for sale. Then, they lowered the boom on him saying they knew all about the junk he was passing off as pristine cars.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which one did you get in the end? They had a few there!

You are better than I. I would have walked if the car had been damaged. How bad was the damage? Did you get pics?

Welcome to the forums btw!

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It makes no sense to me at all that someone would purchase a wrecked car for the same price as the car was before the wreck. Most folks on this forum would run, not walk, from the deal--Dave

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought two cars from this guy. One Benz and one Viper. I'm here to tell the truth, this guy seen a honest customer and he took advantage me. My fault, but now it's my turn to expose him and his shady dealership.

You bought them both at the same time? Both were damaged at the gas station? Any details and pics of the said Viper?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2012 7 Serries and a Viper within a couple weeks? Starting to sound....well maybe.....

A Viper purchase after a bad experience with a BMW?....Really?

Both had the same damage from the same reason?

Sounding doubtful.

Sad.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this complaint on the ViperClub forums about the Viper purchase or the Mercedes purchase?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the bbb are nothing but jackasses- they cant do nothing.... oh give us some money and we will put you on the great business list- they are as big as crooks as the next crook...

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 1996 gts from chicago motors about 5 years a go and i found out it had some paint work and parim said no way never push it !

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Viper from Chicago Motor Car and had a good experience. The sales person talked to me on his dime for almost 30 minutes describing every aspect of the car. He was also a Viper owner. He met me at the airport, the car was fully serviced. The put about $40 worth of fuel in the car. It was as they described. I drove away feeling like I got a good deal and was treated politely and fairly. Perhaps things have changed in the last 2 years but I was pleased. It makes me wonder why anyone would be disappointed by a wrecked car and then buy it. Takes all kinds.