Chin guard...do they work?

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a chin guard on their Viper? Do they work well? I Thought about repainting the front fascia and if I do I don't want it to get scratched up again. Will this prevent from most scratching from rubbing driveways, etc. Thanks, Paul.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul...

I had one installed on my car(tried the metal and the one from Sean Roe)and liked the Sean Roe best. Both performed well and seemed to prevent a lot of scratches that otherwise would have been put on the front of the car. I may still have the metal one around...if you want it (and I still have it) send me an email.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had my lower facia repainted and installed Sean Roe's Lower Bumper Guard...for $25 you can't beat it! I actually bought two kits, for the extra trim to go on the entire lower "lip" of the facia.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Bitten,

Do you have pictures of how you installed what you bought. What is in the kit(s)?

Thanks, Craig

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
I actually bought two kits, for the extra trim to go on the entire lower "lip" of the facia.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gerald:
That's interesting. Are you talking about also covering the side, curved edges of the facia (where actually most of the scraping occurs)?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by CitySnake:
Are you talking about also covering the side, curved edges of the facia (where actually most of the scraping occurs)?

You are correct Sir! I am getting back on the lift Wednesday night to tweak my suspension some more, so I will get pics then and post them in a reply to this thread...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
Originally posted by CitySnake:
Are you talking about also covering the side, curved edges of the facia (where actually most of the scraping occurs)?
You are correct Sir! I am getting back on the lift Wednesday night to tweak my suspension some more, so I will get pics then and post them in a reply to this thread...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had asked about that, but was told the the "strap" would not hold on the curved section. If it works, then I'll follow!
smile.gif
Great idea!

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will buy three if it works for each corner and the front. I want to see some of these pics. I'm glad that they work ok because I have a steep driveway and I hate going slow over the bumps into the gas station.

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95Viper:
Gerald, Any luck on the pics? Thanks, Craig

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was kinda wonderin the same thing......

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I did take pics when I had my car on the lift for my recent four wheel alignment, but since my car is black, it was very, very difficult to see Sean Roe's bumper guard...Not even worth posting...There is a GenI pic that I found HERE! ...Compared to the other ones out there, I liked Sean Roe's the best, which is precisely what I put on my car...

CitySnake: You're just gonna have to trust me on this one for your GenII...it's only $25!!! You should have told Sean to throw one into your S/C shipment! Install the first kit, then decide if you want a second one for the additional trim...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CitySnake: You're just gonna have to trust me on this one for your GenII...it's only $25!!! You should have told Sean to throw one into your S/C shipment! Install the first kit, then decide if you want a second one for the additional trim...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Done! But I'm negotiating a better price for just the chin strap portion of the kit
cool.gif
BTW- I already installed the full kit...just didn't know that you could cover the edges with a second chin strap, i.e., I may be thrifty...but I'm NOT cheap
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire