Classes in Houston--Who does it?

BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been reading a lot about "learning to control what you have" before going out and blowing a few grand on mods. Seems like a very valid point. Just wondering if/when somone is offering driving classes in the Houston area.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I don't know if it's OK to post an e-mail from a supplier or not...but the moderators can take it off or the supplier can say something to me, if it's not OK.

Anyway, I've been working with a group that is bringing NASA racinng to Texas and they offer training (beginner training is the best for stuff like skip pad, threshold breaking, where the "edge" is for your car in corners, etc.). They are going to be having events all year in Texas and TWS is only an hour from Houston. I'd encourage you to check them out.

Here is a copy of the e-mail I got:

We are proud to announce that NASA TEXAS is HERE!!!. AND ready to give you a place to put your performance car on the track.
WE, the Directors of the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Texas, are inviting you to participate in our High Performance Driving Events.
NASA’s event weekends consist of:
 Time Trials
 Racing
 Performance Driving Education
 Open Track

Come to:
 Learn
 Practice / Test
 Compete
 Officiate

Walk away with:
 A Huge Smile on your face
 Prizes and Awards
 Great Memories
 New Friends and contacts
 A great desire to enter or help at another event

Event Dates for 2001:
February 2-4 - SPECIAL CHARITY EVENT- Texas Triathlon
April 14-15 TWS
May 5-6 TMS
June 30-July 1 TWS
July 28-29 TWS
August 25-26 TWS
Oct 6-7 TWS
Oct 27-28 TMS
Nov TBA
Dec 15-16 TWS

To find out more and get added to our mailing list:
1. send us an e-mail,
2. visit our web site www.NASATX.com and join our egroups mailing list, or
3. call us at 512-515-6831.
The web site is in the process of being completed, but there is good information being added regularly.
ADDITIONAL INVITATION : Join NASA Texas in its quest of increasing involvement, support and participation in ALL of Texas’ racing venues. To insure the expansion and growth of Texas racing and high speed events for which we all share a passion, it is vital that all of the Texas clubs and organizations have the people resources they need in order to promote and manage events. Texas has been increasing in the number of drivers and venues. To maintain this growth and level of involvement we are establishing a pool of racing officials and workers.
If you or any of your friends are interested in being involved in this capacity, contact us to find out the benefits you would enjoy.
We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you at one of our events.
Sincerely,
Jay and Shannon Matus www.NASATX.com
512-515-6831

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget about Gran Sport Speedway at the blimp base in Hitchcock. It's a small, maybe 1.1 mile, roadcourse where you can find the limits of your car quickly at speeds that won't damage anything when you do go off. And it's cheap, I think you can rent it for a day for a couple of hundred bucks. There's a Corvette Team that pits in the garages there, if you are in the neighborhood I'm sure they could fill you in.

And TWS (Texas World Speedway in College Station) just sent out their 2001 packet, you can drive for $200-250 a weekend, instructors provided. A great place to learn track driving and meet plenty of Viper and high performance car folks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96