Classic Muscle vs Modern Muscle

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds sweet Indeed. If you can and are interested, try to get a different air filter on it....those polymer elements don't survive the first backfire and the resulting liquid plastic mess is really tough to get off the carb. I know these are used when clearance is tight and maybe that's why the previous owner used it, but if you can, change to something with a paper or K&N-type element (or keep it tuned really really well so it never shoots gasoline the wrong way). Nice ride.

Haha! We think alike. That is the very first thing I did when I received the car. I bought it in NC and had it shipped up to Canada. The vid was taken by the guy who checked out the car for me. Changed the air filter right away. We call them triangles of death up here. Have an Edlebrock pie with K&N filter on it now. I think the previous owner was very lucky....have a look at what it looked like when I took it off.....looks like it took a detonation.

You must be registered for see images attach

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done! (I learned the lesson the hard way myself....but that was in the 70's when I didn't know any better ;-)

dodgestang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not do both?

You must be registered for see images attach

The 65 Mustang is faster in a time straight line race ;)
The 96 GTS has a higher top speed and corners just a little better ;)