Cleaning Tips...

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I received my shipment of Zaino products (previously a McGuire's user)- and decided to compare... I have a graphite colored RT/10 - and there was a major difference. I was hesitant at first because you could barely notice any hazing while Zaino was drying. But, in the end - it definately had a wet glassy look - so I imagine it will be easier to clean in the future. Strangely enough - it looked much different than my other wax - the silver specs in the silver really stood out.

Another trick I did was with Windex on the rims. I do have EBCs on the front - but after a couple hundred miles they definately needed a cleaning. So, decided to try the Windex idea. It worked absolutely great - I bet it took me less than 1 minute per rim - and they look as if they were carefully polished.

And the last thing - I used the Zaino tire cleaner for the rubber... Much like the wax - the more coats you put on - the wetter they look. Was very happy - compared to my old - more time consuming cleaning tasks.

Now they need to offer a class at the university to determine which one of the 4,374 flavors of Zaino to apply in what order! I used Z2 and Z5 - always ending with Z2 since it is finer...

So, if you haven't, someone else try Windex on the rims and notice how easy it is... Even my girlfriend walked by my car this morning on the way to work - and stopped... Not being a Viper enthusiast - getting her to stop and stare at it was an accomplishment... She thought it looked better than new... She also asked if I got some kind of Zaino product for the rims - then I told her about Windex...

Anyways, great product... Spendy - but good...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
(disclaimer: we don't sell, just use Zaino products!)

Although my new yellow ACR was delivered w/ a dealer-provided $250 pro-detail job, compelled by some uncontrollable, internal voice, (Sal?!) I took out the Zaino....

After a coat of Z1, dried overnight, and then Z-2 the next day, the yellow seemed to liquify as I wiped off the Zaino. The stuff is amazing. One more coat this weekend, because the stuff actually 'layers' unlike other products, giving a deeper shine.

I think the price of Zaino is CHEAP, not spendy. I've spent $40-$75 for bottles of lesser stuff.

Z-5 is needed for 'spiderweb repair' and NOT needed on a perfect finish. I do use it on wheels, becasue the brake-dust affects the clearcoat.

Hint: Try the leather stuff. Smells like a leather shop!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful w/ the windex as it has amonia. I use an amonia free glass cleaner from Eagle 1 which works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi