Clear side markers

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The threads i've searched for are a bit old, so i was wondering what the best option was for the clear front side markers. I had some on my 99 GTS that i got off of ebay a while ago, but now i wanna put some on my 97 and those aren't available anymore. Are the ones from Klearz the only way to go now? And if i do get those, do i need the housings and the lenses, or just the lenses?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the ones from Klearz recently, and also bought a set of OEM housing off of ebay NIB for like $20. I'll rattle can the housings chrome and keep the stockers stock. But you can use your factory housings as-is though.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+1 for Klearz. They came from Canada so they got stuck in customs for 2 weeks, but the quality of service was excellent.

I rattle-canned my housings black and went with smoked corners. Clear come out looking white (because of the housing) if you don't paint them.

OP
OP
O

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's cool, i'll probably get the ones from Klearz then. I have a B/W so i probably won't paint them since the white should look pretty good on it.

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another plug for Klearz. Also, look into buying the "mirrored" bulbs so they don't look yellow/amber.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another plug for Klearz. Also, look into buying the "mirrored" bulbs so they don't look yellow/amber.

A search for "chrome bulbs" got me what I wanted.

A friend of mine has the clear corners on his BW and to me it looks a little TOO white. Maybe it's because he has big-ass 19/20 iForged on the car, and something a little darker would look better to me, but the white is REALLY white. It's the only white visible on the side of the car, and to me it looks a little off. I think he has since painted the housings a metallic shade.

OP
OP
O

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea i'll see what they look like installed. If i have to i'll just paint the housings. I don't bother with the amber bulbs, i usually just leave the clear ones in.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure what color your car is, but I tinted my clear side markers to match my dark Sapphire GTS.

Awesome.

Ted

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine from Klearz with silver housings, they look great, excellent service too.

As has already been said, get silver bulbs too.