Clear vinyl guard for bottom lip of front fascia, anyone seen one?

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About a year ago on ebay, for around $35, there was a precut vinyl guard that wrapped around the bottom lip of the front fascia. Like an idiot, I didn't buy 10 of them lol. Anyway, has anyone seen these or know where to pick one up or something similiar? The thing was perfect...went up about 3/4 of an inch and from the pics it looked like it fit really well. Thanks!

EDIT: This was much thicker than any clear bra material, but still thin enough to look good.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
McMaster-Carr has this material. I'll look up the part#/specs but I put it on my winter mod project. It's the same 3M material Griot's sells but cheaper from McMaster. I'd need to cut it to fit (corners) but that's not a problem for me.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps not what you're thinking about....and hopefully I'm not breaking rules

I used to sell a piece of molding on eBay that was a "U" channel which could be pushed onto the bottom lip of the Gen 2 fascias. It came up about .25 of an inch to protect that bottom edge from scrapes. It has a caulk inside the channel to help keep it on. There's been one on my '00 GTS since new. When one gets scraped...I put another on.

Is this what you remember?

[media]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/MattMPA123/DSC00021.jpg[/media]

Last edited:

vipergtsinnova

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps not what you're thinking about....

I used to sell a piece of molding on eBay that was a "U" channel which could be pushed onto the bottom lip of the Gen 2 fascias. It came up about .25 of an inch to protect that bottom edge from scrapes. It has a caulk inside the channel to help keep it on. There's been one on my '00 GTS since new. When one gets scraped...I put another on. I think they were listed for $20, shipped. (I probably should list them again as I sold a bunch)

I'll take 2... email or PM me :D

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Perhaps not what you're thinking about....and hopefully I'm not breaking rules

I used to sell a piece of molding on eBay that was a "U" channel which could be pushed onto the bottom lip of the Gen 2 fascias. It came up about .25 of an inch to protect that bottom edge from scrapes. It has a caulk inside the channel to help keep it on. There's been one on my '00 GTS since new. When one gets scraped...I put another on.

Is this what you remember?

[media]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/MattMPA123/DSC00021.jpg[/media]

If you have any spares laying around then I'd like to snag one as well. I believe one of these (or something similar) was on the car when I bought it, but a possum wound up taking it out for me on the interstate. :2tu:

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used some clear door edge guard to try this, but it was a miserable fail. I was looking for something flexible enough to go to the outside edge of the fascia where I really seem to get the most scrapes, but it would not make the curves.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4