Clearcoat problem: Please Help!

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My rims look like crap! I bought them somebody must have used a chrome polish on them by mistake or did something wrong. I've got 7 pictures to try and show you what they look like.

What's the most cost effective way to fix this? I don't want new rims, at least I can't really afford them right now. Is there a way to make them look better without taking them off the car/tire?

I appreciate all the help guys, this is biggest flaw and I always get comments like, "You've got to clean those rims" :(

You must be registered for see images attach

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch! So you bought those like that, or did you buy the car with the rims? I'd say they will need re-finishing, but you should soon read from others that will know for sure. It looks like someone tried washing them with dawn/dishwashing soap. I did that to my '94 Impala SS and it stripped the clear coat right off. My rims looked just like yours. I sold the car before getting the rims re-done. I should add that I left the dawn solution on the rims for 5-10 minutes thinking it would dissolve the hard to get off brake dust. It got everything off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21