Clutch pedal pulsates?

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed after having an underdrive pulley installed and my headers, exhausts, h/f cats that when the car is cold and idling, and my clutch is pushed in, I feel it pulsate. Not vibrating, but actually pulsating a bit. As the car warms up, it eventually pretty much goes away (pretty much but not all the way).

What could be doing that? Anyone else have this happen?

Mike

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a strange one. Thinking about how the entire clutch hydraulic system works, I can't imagine how this would happen. Well....Hmmmm...I guess if the clutch disk or pressure plate were warped...or maybe one of the transmission's input shafts...that could do it. That doesn't explain why it would go away when it warms up though. That may indicate air in the system. But all of this has to be fed all the way back through the hydraulic system to get to the clutch pedal. I guess that's theoretically possible. Assuming that's happening the pulsing has to originate in the clutch or input shafts. There's no pump or powered mechanism to cause it to happen. If it were those causes though, I would think you'd have other problems.

Anyway, that's my stab at it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang