Best High Flow Cats or Maybe a Whole New exhaust System

Gary Dawson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for the best flowing cats for my 2005 convertible. It's pretty much stock with only the addition of underdrive pulleys and 3.55 gears. I would also appreciate hearing from guys that have replaced the cats and mufflers. I would be happy if it's a little louder too. Oh hell, maybe I should just go whole hog with headers and everything new all the way back... comments?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not sure I've heard of many different aftermarket cats in general. RandomTech seems to be the main name that comes up the most often. I think that is what Bellanger includes in their kits, but I could be wrong. To my ears I really like the Borla kits. They have a deeper tone that is more reminiscent of a muscle car. The Corsa kits have a more exotic, higher pitched race-y sound to me. Bellanger I think is somewhere in the middle. There are quite a few others out there though. The Mopar race exhaust is more or less just a 3" version of the Borla kit (I think Borla makes it for them actually). Volume-wise I'm not sure I think there is a huge difference between them. They are all definitely louder than stock, but I think comparatively to each other they tend to be somewhat similar. I don't think I noticed a huge difference in volume with my headers either, though I did notice the sound was a little more "buzzy" than with stock manifolds (which are really just shorty headers anyway if you look at them).

Generally speaking though it's all personal preference. My cam made a bigger difference in sound than anything else I've done on my car exhaust-wise.

OP
OP
Gary Dawson

Gary Dawson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes although Indiana does not do emission testing I will likely be selling the car sometime in the next year or so. No cats will be problematic for some states but I would love to run it with test tubes. I doubt there is a shop that would remove my cats unless I hauled it in on a trailer and swore it was for track use only. :)

Honestly, no cats would probably accomplish everything I'm looking for on the cheap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala