Clutch problem, Help!

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just installed a new kevlar Clutch and pressure plate. But I have a problem...can't get any pressure in the clutch system, and I do have clutch fluid leaking inside the bellhousing. What have I done wrong? Need advice soon..a major race is coming up this weekend...

Help!

/JP the Swede.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a guess, (back me up Dan) it sounds like you over-stroked the clutch which causes the throw out bearing to loose the seal. You probably have to run a clutch pedal stop. You should have checked the gap between the throw out and the pressure plate fingers.dj

OP
OP
J

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come that there is a different gap in this clutch then the stock one...? Should'nt it be same as stock, or do I need a different throw out bearing?
Does the leakage mean that I need a new throw out kit?

OP
OP
J

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanxs for giving me your thoughts on this.
It's a Archer Racing something clutch. We have actually solved the problem. When we put in the new clutch did the slave cylinder start to leak... The fix was quite simple, we just took the slave cylinder apart, fabricated a spacer so that the stroke of the hydraulic parts was reverted to the same area as it was before I installed the new clutch...