Cold tire season starting, be careful!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This morning it was in the upper 50's here in SC. I temporarily forgot that hot tires on hot roads = good traction. SO, I went to pass a retard going 35 in a 45 on a two lane on my way to work.....

Second gear, full throttle, tires spin as the RPMs rise. No surprise there, but then the car starts fish-tailing violently. It was all a$$-holes and elbows to save it. Good thing I was already past the 'cautious driver'. He musta crapped his pants to see me all over the road like that!

LUCKILY, I saved it. Be warned, as the temps go down the risk goes up. AND I DON'T have run-flats anymore!

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all you need is winter air.make sure valve stem is at the bottom as warm air rises.remove summer air .install winter grade and your all good..

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold air gives the double wammy... more hp with less traction.

Try doing a good 15 second burn-out in your driveway before you head out. :nana:

That works for me and the people next door love the smoke show! :2tu:

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My nieghbors don't like how loud the Viper is in the morning. They would get really ********** if I smoked 'em out while they were sipping coffee on the front porch.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all you need is winter air.make sure valve stem is at the bottom as warm air rises.remove summer air .install winter grade and your all good..

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D LMAO

Seriously.................fall and spring are the worst time of the year for our snakes. BE CAUTIOUS !!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a similar incident a few days ago but not due to cold weather, due to the tire shine on my wheels. Went sideways up a street a bit. Was fun but anyone not knowing what they are doing could easily kill themselves. Same here, luckily I saved it.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I switched to Michelin Non Run Flats this past spring and have found they have a lot more grip here in CT now that the temps are down in the low 50's in the mornings now. A huge difference.

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only real way to properly heat up a tire in warm or cold weather is to drive it easy to build up heat over time.
Give it 10-20 minutes at city/hwy speeds before you try power - its what the trackies do every time..2-5 laps building up speed (=3-5 minutes at 80 mph).
Don't lose it when you is too cool.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
My nieghbors don't like how loud the Viper is in the morning. They would get really ********** if I smoked 'em out while they were sipping coffee on the front porch.

Your meighbors sip coffe on the front porch?? where do you live?? LOL

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is good to hear that someone is acutally using theirs! Never really see anyone using their front porches.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is good to hear that someone is acutally using theirs! Never really see anyone using their front porches.

That's because you're in Joisey... too much gunfire. Not much different here in California either. :D

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

My point exactly... I haven't seen that since the movie "Friday"

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only real way to properly heat up a tire in warm or cold weather is to drive it easy to build up heat over time.
Give it 10-20 minutes at city/hwy speeds before you try power - its what the trackies do every time..2-5 laps building up speed (=3-5 minutes at 80 mph).
Don't lose it when you is too cool.

He is right on with what he says above as to how to warm up the tires. It would take me about 30 minutes to warm up the old Ron Flats. The Non Run Flats seem to come up to temp much faster.

The smoke show in front of the house might look cool but ..................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi