Colorado: I'm going to need some help with roads

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't take a rental car Mustang over Loveland Pass Nov-thru-Feb.
It would be pure insanity in a Viper.

If you don't destroy your car/die, get a lottery ticket at the 7-11 in Silverthorne because you're the luckiest person on the planet that day.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is currently dumping snow in the mountains. I-70 has been a real mess lately. If the snow continues, an alternate route is definitely suggested.

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snow listed all week for Vail, then the weekend will be cold so the snow won't be going anywhere.

It's been 50-ish on the front range with no snow so the drive south down I-25 to 40 should still be your best route.

Check for conditions for Raton Pass before you leave Pueblo, as that one stretch can be dicey in the winter. Got stuck in a blizzard over that pass once driving to Texas.

Good luck on your run.

OP
OP
W

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather drive than have the car shipped.

It is currently dumping snow in the mountains. I-70 has been a real mess lately. If the snow continues, an alternate route is definitely suggested.
Yeah, this current weather across the country is really f'ing up all of my plans.

Snow listed all week for Vail, then the weekend will be cold so the snow won't be going anywhere.

It's been 50-ish on the front range with no snow so the drive south down I-25 to 40 should still be your best route.

Check for conditions for Raton Pass before you leave Pueblo, as that one stretch can be dicey in the winter. Got stuck in a blizzard over that pass once driving to Texas.

Good luck on your run.
I'm hoping that the weather conditions change as the week goes. Right now a southern route is looking like the only option.

Nick

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically, the Southern route is your only option at this point. The mountains here right now, there is just too much snow and not enough warm to truly clear it up. With the mag-chloride they put on the roads here up in the mountains, you better wash the undercarriage good when you get over the mountains and into a warmer climate.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to plan your drive from Vegas To San Diego to avoid the traffic jam that is known as I-15 South. Its really easy to get caught in a 25mph bumper to bumper from 215 to Victorville or to hit rush hour once you get past Victorville. Don't plan on making good time across this road on a Sunday!

That's good advice Robert.

If you are leaving Vegas on a Sunday, get the hell out of Dodge early.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper