Congrats to Albert C...5th Viper to get into the 9's!!

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Albert C...5th Viper to get into the 9\'s!!

I would like to be the first to congratulate Albert C. in getting a 9.99 today at River City Raceway. The Houston Viper Club Hosted the Viper Vs Vette shootout today, although it ended up raining out before the brackets began. the Rain held out most of the day which enabled us to get some great runs in.
Best times of the day
S.W.s “ZO7” 9.98 @ 145
Albert’s Viper RT/10 9.99 @ 142
Mark H. 10.20 @ 142
***Other notables
Street Tires ( Radials )
Sean Ogburn/Wilks Viper (TPI) 10.7 @ 137
Sam Sloan 650R 11.25 @ 128.7 on Pilots

I would like to thank everyone that came out even after checking the weather forecast. Stay tuned for the next meet where TEXAS once again rules the Viper Drag world!

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Congrats to Albert C...5th Viper to get into the 9\'s!!

What great runs by Texas Finest. Too bad rain interupted what could have been a memorable headsup showdown between Mark and Albert. And what can I say about SW's Z07? Incredible.
And what a shock....some of the fastest RECORDED Viper quartermile times and none of the Vipers broke. Amazing, isn't it NJ boys?? Must be that air and the little decals! C'mon on down this Fall and get some.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We would like to thank Prashant or VW Passatt or whatever others call him for the great time we had in Marion. It was a shame the weather cut us a little short but some impressive runs to say the least. There were several cars going down on the bottle and not a one of them broke, what a shock I know... My hats off to Albert for running the 9.99 under those conditions and for all the work he has put forth to get there. I would also like to thank Scott for flying down from NY to be at this event. Sorry we didnt get a chance to put down the time we would have liked but it just was not our day with the track.

Now lets start getting this event put together for all those NJ guys to come down to the party later in the year.

Mark H.
9secd.RT

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Figures, S.W. rolls in last and picks up FTD. Glad the rain held long enough for him to get a few in, I was concerned as I drove through that darn cloudburst on the way home. Strong runs by all concerned and a good time [especially out in the cornfield ;)].

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't be so ******* yourself Mark "sorry it just was not our day at the track". let me tell you something...a 10.2 @142 anybody anywhere else would be doing back flips to run those numbers. a bad day for you and scott is a 1st place hands down anywhere else!
and I would like to thank once again our sponsors TNT, Hennessey, CXI and Stone Trailers for coming thru and helping us with this event.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
a 10.2 @142 anybody anywhere else would be doing back flips to run those numbers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone except N.J. guys. These guys probably think we made the race results up. We fabricated the whole tournament. NO one can run times like that without breaking!LOL
laugh.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT size="4">CONGRATULATIONS!!! Albert!!!!</FONT s>
Way to go, 9.99!!! Awesome!

Reaction score

Wow..... Well done you guys!

Those are some fantastic numbers. You guys are fast.
Albert, you did great - I'm impressed.
Scott and Mark you guys run so consistently fast NOBODY would want to face you in elimination's.

I would love to hear more about S.W.'s car, sounds like he's got a very competitive car.

That is unfortunate the rain cut it short. I'm sure you guys could have put down more impressive times after a few more runs.

Regards,
Doug

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I know what a Prashant is.
I know what an SW is.
I know what a Chlouber is....
An I know what FTD means, and it aint flowers....
I even know what a Nase is!

But what is a Z07.......and is that an O as OCEAN or a zero?

Gee, I guess Im gonna feel stooopidder

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just spoke to SW, he told me that they just made it up. the 7 refers to the 7.0 in it.

Reaction score

Thanks everyone. We have worked real hard to get into the 9's. We just squeaked in, but we'll take it. The track just wasnt treating us right. I talked with most of the other quick cars and everything from the 60 foot times were off. Hope to do alot better next time. We did good with several passes at 10.18 also. Some other great times:

SW Z07 9.98
Mark H. 10.20
Blue C4 Vette from Arkansas 10.20
Velocity C5 Vette 10.6
Sean Ogburn / David Wilks 10.70
CXI C4 10.9 (letting out at the end)
Steve Ueligger 10.90

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea, SW and the guys from MTI just made it up. Just in refrence to the 7litre motor, built off a Z06 platform. Its nice to hear that thing rumbling in the shop driving into the trailer. The coolest thing is that its a fully streetable car. Full interior, full stereo, and a cold AC.
bounce.gif
I am fortunate enough to hang around at the shop in Austin.

Too bad it was rained out, i woulda liked to see the runs. Hopefully i can make it out nextime.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GREAT EVENT AS USUAL......CONGRADS TO ALL!.......ITS GREAT TO BE IN THE LONE STAR STATE WHERE THE FASTEST VIPERS AND VETTES RESIDE.THE TEXAS AIR AND SPECIAL DECALS SEEM TO BE WORKING.LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BIG FALL DRAG RACE EVENT. HOPEFULLY OUR GOOD FRIENDS FROM NEW JERSEY AND OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY WILL BE HERE TO OBSERVE FIRST HAND WHAT REAL FAST CARS LOOK LIKE.MEMO TO S.W. YOU MADE YOUR 9.8 SEC RUN LOOK EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats to Albert, I knew after the last time I saw his car run, nines were just around the corner. I took me a while to get from 10.20's to 9.9's too. It's not as easy as everyone thinks, especially in a six speed. I think with better conditions Albert will be quite a bit quicker.

SW

ZO7 [email protected]
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OH MY GOD NORM IS BACK!! You know Norm I have really missed those days with your caps lock on your keyboard jammed to the floor. It was great having some of the best-**** talkers around the track Sunday. That is a art form that I can always appreciate And SW’s Norms right you pulled a great one off. I am working on the Fall shootout right now….so all you guys around the world get ready for our Texas Air and Decal contest.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala