Jesus's Supra goes down to my Viper at Speedworld

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus\'s Supra goes down to my Viper at Speedworld

Jesus called me out for a race on Supraforums so I took him up on his offer today. Jesus's car is very quick and very impressive but the Viper was just too much for him, I ran a 10.2 @ 142 to Jesus's 10.5 @ 143

The race between Jesus and I almost didn't come off, when I got there I asked Jesus if he wanted to line up and was told he wanted a test pass, when I pointed out there was no cage and he might get kicked out right away for running deep 10's he informed me that maybe we can run some other time then. So at this point I just waited for Jesus to get in the staging lanes as he was changing his tires etc.. once he started up his car I jumped in front of him, then told the guy working the lanes to run us, I pulled out as instructed by the official but Jesus did not go when the guy told him to line up with me so I backed against the wall and waited for him, at this point he came out and we lined up

I came out of the hole at 2000 RPM, cut a 1.68 60' with zero wheel spin (Next time I'm launching at 3000) and never saw Jesus out my window, I noticed I actually gained a MPH on him during the last 1/8 mile, my car still has more in it.. the nitrous was off as I was going through the traps in 4th gear at 6000 RPM (nitrous shuts down at 5400) so I think my MPH would have been better had I shifted into 5th.

After the race I was a bit disappointed, I walked to Jesus to shake his hand and the 1st words out of his mouth were "you won, but..." then the excuses began, I didn't think this was called for seeing as I just ran a better time than he has ever done in his life driving a Supra. Jesus demanded we race again at which time I declined as I'm not going to be happy if my stock clutch lets go or maybe a stock half shaft breaks, then I miss the Viper Nationals next week in Bradenton. Jesus didn't like this answer so I just walked away, too bad he couldn't have been a better sportsman about it.

ME -------------- Jesus

R/T .070 --------------- .010
60' 1.686 --------------- 1.865
330 4.551 --------------- 4.861
1/8 6.813 --------------- 7.106
MPH 111.08 -------------- 113.07
1000 8.717 --------------- 8.996
1/4 10.293 -------------- 10.577
MPH 141.66 -------------- 142.97

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Jesus\'s Supra goes down to my Viper at Speedworld

Awesome, alot of guys are SORE losers man

that was at 6.5 Psi?? and what shot of nos??

no rockers?
heads?
Cam?
TB's?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

know that song Jesus walks?????

you made the remix Jesus GOT walked

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WWJD

What would Jesus drive?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WWJD

What would Jesus drive?

Not to get off the topic, but I actually saw the tag WWJDRIV on a mustang at a carshow. Why am I thinking Jesus would do WAY better than a Mustang? I see kids working part time at the mall doing better than a Mustang

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WWJD? Probably nothing less than a Bugatti Veyron to get away from us common entities.

10.2 is definitely motoring. Great win.

I am going to have to make up some new "Jesus Hates You"
bumber stickers.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Kill....

Go to the performance results page of my website. There you will find not one but TWO video taped spankings of the famous Supra owned by Angel, who whipped Jesus. These videos are from 2001 when my car was much slower than it is now but just as drivable.

JEDI

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Kill....

Go to the performance results page of my website. There you will find not one but TWO video taped spankings of the famous Supra owned by Angel, who whipped Jesus. These videos are from 2001 when my car was much slower than it is now but just as drivable.

JEDI

already been there ;)

It was funny, the announcer must have read or heard about this race on fuelslut.net as he announced our grudge match twice, once in the staging lanes and once when we were about to run LOL

Here is is.. it should work this time

right click and save as:

http://governmentsupplyline.com/JesusVsAdam.wmv

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you had him beat from the light till the end.

great run.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great kill.

Jesu would either drive a 42 Woodie cause he's a carpenter or a Prius becuase he is a long hair.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Albeit Jesus has never been rude to me, I can completely see him acting this way towards you or anyone for that matter. To bad really. But when you have endless money and fleet of very fast cars at your fingertips...

My question though, what supra was he running, I don't think he owns the red one w/ tag "1000HP" anymore.

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He's got a blue one with a red engine bay. More mods than his old one.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He's got a blue one with a red engine bay. More mods than his old one.

MORE mods??

so the one you raced was over 1000 Hp?

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea... 1000HP = 852 to the wheels. I think he's making more than that now, he has a larger turbo, AEM, Virtual Works Intake Manifold, larger TB, and more aggressive cams.. Before he had a VPC piggyback, stock intake manifold, stock TB, less aggressive cams and a smaller turbo. But his MPH is about the same so maybe this setup isn't helping much.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Your car runs amazing. You hit 142 with no headwork? Did you get a chance to dyno your car?

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brad I run a set of drag radials, BFG 345's

Aaron, correct.. stock roller rockers and stock throttle bodies.. Sean Roe tells me my headers might as well be stock too as the 1.5" primarys are just as restrictive as the stock headers.

Stugots.. my mods are Roe Blower with 10psi pulley, black top injectors, boost a pump, Borla 3" exhaust, no cats, svsi 1.5" primary headers, BTR N20/Propane with 55 NOS jets, MSD digital window switch, purge, short shifter.. everything else is stock... gears, clutch, head, roller rockers, etc..

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

no just 40 pounds of boost is all :)

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Orlandov10, great run and nice launch. The Supra is very hard to launch, it is really finicky. I truely love both cars as they are legends of there time and have become horsepower street kings. Love your VIPER, can't beat Black.

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Bogota,

I've owned Supras since 1996, from stock up to 800HP.. 9 years of owning and working on those cars, even built one for Hulk Hogan through my old performance shop. However if left with a choice to own a Supra or a Viper I choose the Viper hands down.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It looks like the supra had better tires also. slicks?

vd..

great run.

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

99 R/T I installed and tuned the nitrous but I left the VECII tuning to Sean Roe, Sean also installed the injectors, ****, and boostapump.

ViperD Yes he had slicks, and a pit crew who was changing his tires, changing plugs, playing with the AEM, etc... I just drove out of my garage the way I drive everyday and went ot the track by myself on 93 Octane LOL.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did not know that Orlandov. I own a 94 Supra TT Hardtop also. Have to love the hardtop stiffness. I have more than I want to say in mine, single turbo's are like sledgehammers once powered up. I am planning on going with a Roe S/C on my GTS soon as well. I have a 1999, do you recomend the Roe unit?

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes I love the Roe. You will be happy with it.