Considering purchase -- thoughts on this car?

regularsavings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I am considering flying out to take a look at this car:Dodge : Viper:eBay Motors (item 260467494258 end time Aug-31-09 22:50:09 PDT)

Unfortunately I do not have much technical savvy and have only been looking into vipers for a few months. It has most of the mods I would want, and I like the look of the wheels. Beyond that, I do not know what to look for. Is there anything suspicious about it? Does the price seem reasonable? And If I do fly out, is there a reputable place in LA that would give it a good look over? Thanks for any help.

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odd that it says must sell in the title but says he doesn't need the money below. Looks like a good deal to me.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should give Dan Cragin a call at DC Performance - he might know this car. Or, you could ask the seller which dealership he bought the car from and ask them to take a look at it. All in all, seems like a great deal on a very nice car.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if all checks out (no damage, everything works, fluids look good, etc) looks like a good deal

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this car was owned by a Chicago area dealer until this past spring when it was sold on Ebay. I remember the guy selling it for the dealer knew very little about Vipers. Good luck.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with a StopTech set up and I did have to remove (cut off) the existing ears for the rear calipers, but it had a seperate mounting bracket for the E-brake. I would think a $7K kit from Brembo would have the same thing.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No e-brake because the $7K kit removes the stock caliper, which incorporated the e-brake. Now if you add back an e-brake, the system weighs more than OEM. Coulda had a right-sized, remanufactured OEM caliper that costs 10% and performs the same, weighs less, keeps e-brake... and had $6K for other stuff.

But then I'm (brake) biased. ;)

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that seems like a great deal. I would not sell my viper that cheap. Like posted above have Dan do an inspection, he is one of the best. Good luck and keep us updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viperkim