Considering purchase -- thoughts on this car?

regularsavings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I am considering flying out to take a look at this car:Dodge : Viper:eBay Motors (item 260467494258 end time Aug-31-09 22:50:09 PDT)

Unfortunately I do not have much technical savvy and have only been looking into vipers for a few months. It has most of the mods I would want, and I like the look of the wheels. Beyond that, I do not know what to look for. Is there anything suspicious about it? Does the price seem reasonable? And If I do fly out, is there a reputable place in LA that would give it a good look over? Thanks for any help.

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odd that it says must sell in the title but says he doesn't need the money below. Looks like a good deal to me.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should give Dan Cragin a call at DC Performance - he might know this car. Or, you could ask the seller which dealership he bought the car from and ask them to take a look at it. All in all, seems like a great deal on a very nice car.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if all checks out (no damage, everything works, fluids look good, etc) looks like a good deal

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this car was owned by a Chicago area dealer until this past spring when it was sold on Ebay. I remember the guy selling it for the dealer knew very little about Vipers. Good luck.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with a StopTech set up and I did have to remove (cut off) the existing ears for the rear calipers, but it had a seperate mounting bracket for the E-brake. I would think a $7K kit from Brembo would have the same thing.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No e-brake because the $7K kit removes the stock caliper, which incorporated the e-brake. Now if you add back an e-brake, the system weighs more than OEM. Coulda had a right-sized, remanufactured OEM caliper that costs 10% and performs the same, weighs less, keeps e-brake... and had $6K for other stuff.

But then I'm (brake) biased. ;)

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that seems like a great deal. I would not sell my viper that cheap. Like posted above have Dan do an inspection, he is one of the best. Good luck and keep us updated.