convertible top lock

RI-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on my 2005 viper i was doing some research on the convertible boot (cover that goes on after the tops down) then i notice that the top has a latch to secure it when its down. it wasn't latching so i try to adjust it by pushing the latch towards the rear of the car and boom :(

how do i fix this and access the under side

also im looking for a convertible boot also

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think that whole rear tub that the top sits in is basically plastic. I know I adjusted mind recently, but can't remember how I got to the bottom side. It wasn't that hard, but I don't remember if I had to remove anything as I think I was already working around there for something else. I'm guessing the easiest way would be to remove the rear waterfall panel behind the seats. You might be able to fiberglass over where the latch used to be and drill some new holes for it. The trunk lid is what really holds the top down, so ultimately the latch is just a backup and not really necessary, so worst case if you can't fix it easy you could live without it.

OP
OP
R

RI-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i fixed it. move drive seat forward and remove the viper logo cap on the rear upper seat (body side) and access to the 2 10mm screws. i just added a piece of metal (underside) drilled 2 holes and used the metal as a bracket/washer and is stronger then factory now lol

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No longer available. Not sure what the new cost would be. This is in as new condition. Last one I have left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets