Cops keeping taking my damn money :(

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got another ticket freaken horible!!!!!! Everytime I take this car out it gets way too much negative attention. This undercover cop guy followed me for a good 5 minutes and I had no idea that he was a cop...I just kept minding my own business driving and then next thing you know he has his lights on and tells me "Your driving so fast that you could kill someone". When the truth is 2 seconds earlier a civic just passed me :( . Then he proceeded to tell me how he got numerous calls saying I am driving like a maniac when in reality I had the car out about 7-8 minutes from my house when I got the ticket! I doubt numerous people would call in 7 minutes! Stood there for a good 45 mins asking me how I bought this car this and that....I basically stopped answering his questions at the end and let him write me the ticket since I saw that this conversation was basically leading to me being a drug dealer since its not humanly possible for a 20 year old to drive a decent car! I want to write up a nice little dispute about how I am getting descriminated against and how I was absoultely not speeding! Then again whats the point?

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must sux where you live! I bought my viper srt when I was 21 years old. Till today no cops giving me crap or tickets yet. Well I hardly drive it..but I did get pulled over with my z06 last month down in Huntington Beach for no front license plate. Then of course asked me the million questions "how I own the car and all paid off too"? I had the title in hand just to burned their ***. But yeah.. i know how you feel. cops are *****!
Cal

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put some gray rinse in your hair like Clinton did. Mine went gray ten years ago, and cops almost never bother me now. ;)

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky, I can tell you exactly what the problem is, and it's not where you live.

Your age is your enemy. Cops are many times more likely to watch you if your young, and in a car like this thats another reason you are getting pulled over. You haven't aquired that sixth sense of when to get on it,and when not to.

I'm telling you as you get older, you won't be getting pulled over as much. It just comes to you.

I went through this same thing when I was young. I sprint around all the time in my car, and never get pulled over, regardless where I'm at.

Don't let that ticket go on your record if you can help it.

Another reason cops stop young guys, is they are most likely to have field day on one stop, and that is often the case.

If they pull my old ass over, there not going to find much to carry on about, actually most cops are pretty cool to older guys in these cars.

Skip

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see, I have now had four vipers since one of the first 200 RT/10s and have been picked up probably a dozen times. I am always polite, have a business card in hand (the M.D. does wonders), and usually end up talking cars with the officer. I did get a warning once for wasting a valuable resource(fuel) and I was doing 120. :D
I would advise to be polite, answer the questions respectfully, and try to engage the officer in a conversation away from the ticket...say talking about the qualities of the car and divert away from speeding.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never been so polite to anyone! Hell i even told him how I bougtht the car and he goes "Are you sure". I'm going to try to dispute this one and take it off my record since I really am innocent!!!!!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell him there are a couple of red S2000's in the area that are bother some and speed around, that should divert there attention !!!

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...I wouldn't mind getting attentino but not the kind I get! I never did have this bad of a problem in the Vette!

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never drive my Viper without the V1 doing its' job. If you ever get a speeding ticket (and you don't think you were really going that fast) ask (politely) if you can see the reading on his radar gun. If he refuses, that might help you out a bit in traffic court.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTRicky: Try tinting your side windows! By the way are you in the States or Canada? You appear to be driving in an area where a Viper is a novelity.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canada! Defenetly a novelty! I have never seen a gen 3 on the road so far! And maybe one or two gen 2's. People always come home talking about seeing one here or there but they are defenetly rare!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Your age is your enemy. >>

I agree with this comment. It ***** and there proably isnt much you can do about it right now.

I had the same prolem when I was starting up my first few buisnesses. I was young, and I knew my s**t. But because i was young, (no visible gray), I had a very rough time.

Congrats on your early success.