Correct tire pressure?

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I did a search.... the new search function seems to be letting me down.

I just bought a new set of PS2's, had them mounted and balanced. The tire shop filled all four of them up to 35psi. I seem to remember a post a while back that stated our tires should be maintained around 25psi for daily driving, is this correct????
-I have stock 99-02 18''wheels, eibach's and lowering spring caps, if that makes any difference.
Thanks in advance!

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you do just make sure you bleed out the winter air and replace it with summer air, for the warm temps :smirk:

Seriously, 29psi recommended. One thing I've noted is that you should check your air pressure if there is a significant change in the weather. With the warm weather, my air pressure went up significantly.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29 works well if you go 32-33 cold they will be very skatey when you start pushing them and they heat up.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you do just make sure you bleed out the winter air and replace it with summer air, for the warm temps :smirk:

Seriously, 29psi recommended. One thing I've noted is that you should check your air pressure if there is a significant change in the weather. With the warm weather, my air pressure went up significantly.

yeah, that's because you are measuring gage pressure at the tire and not absolute pressure. when the weather changes, so does the ambient pressure, and therefore the gage pressure of the air in your tires.