Corsa Cat Back

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a heads up, Corsa is close to releasing their cat-back. My guess is about 30 days. Two interesting results: their muffle/exhaust showed a 5-7 hp increase; at this point they could not get a high flow cat to give any additional hp. This is all preliminary, however, I should have more info within two weeks.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No surprise to me with the Gen V already having a better exhaust than the Gen IV stock and the engines being similar.

To me the Gen V sounds very similar to a Gen IV with a Corsa to begin with. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can second that..my gen IV has the corsa cat back...does sound similar
No surprise to me with the Gen V already having a better exhaust than the Gen IV stock and the engines being similar.

To me the Gen V sounds very similar to a Gen IV with a Corsa to begin with. Thanks for the info!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a heads up, Corsa is close to releasing their cat-back. My guess is about 30 days. Two interesting results: their muffle/exhaust showed a 5-7 hp increase; at this point they could not get a high flow cat to give any additional hp. This is all preliminary, however, I should have more info within two weeks.

Cool info, but I don't trust Corsa's numbers. They make a quality product, but their HP claims on other Vipers were never close. Gen IV's I don't think gained a single HP at all. In all honesty, I would expect a high flow cat to wield a gain and not the muffler. The engine is so similar to a Gen IV that I can't imagine much different results with the same modifications. In fact, I bet a Gen IV engine with the same modifications as a Gen V will be within 10 horsepower.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if I got zero additional hp out of it, would be cool to hear a more aggressive sound in the exhaust note

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the dyno shop where it was done. Thus info did not come from the marketing group. It was from the dyno sheet.

Cool info, but I don't trust Corsa's numbers. They make a quality product, but their HP claims on other Vipers were never close. Gen IV's I don't think gained a single HP at all. In all honesty, I would expect a high flow cat to wield a gain and not the muffler. The engine is so similar to a Gen IV that I can't imagine much different results with the same modifications. In fact, I bet a Gen IV engine with the same modifications as a Gen V will be within 10 horsepower.

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off topic, I'm sorry, but can you tune the new Viper or are the PCMs on lock down like the LXs?

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the dyno shop where it was done. Thus info did not come from the marketing group. It was from the dyno sheet.

Fair enough, but if this shop had the proprietary opportunity to test this new system, then I'm sure Corsa had some input. Maybe putting high flow cats doesn't do anything for now because the new PCM adjusts for that until a Mopar Race PCM is available. You never know though. I'd love to eat my words and Corsa has actually found a HP increase, but given the Gen IV I doubt it. That isn't knocking it though because for me the value is in the sound and quality craftsmanship. These aftermarket exhaust companies just have a harder time now given that computational flow dynamics has shed light for OEMs to make very good factory exhaust systems.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the viper book by Liam they made mention of the new single coat cat that netted them some additional hp. My guess is the factory cat is already considered a high flow cat. i did not give the whole story, when Corsa put on their high flow cat they lost HP. The PCM does not change anything at WOT, that is a fixed fuel/timing map. There are ambient modifiers, but, for all intents, the map is fixed. PCM changes are during closed loop, WOT is open loop. We all have to remember that Corsa only had a car for a few days, what they bring to the viper in the future could be a far different story. If all goes according to plan I should have the new exhaust within two weeks.

Fair enough, but if this shop had the proprietary opportunity to test this new system, then I'm sure Corsa had some input. Maybe putting high flow cats doesn't do anything for now because the new PCM adjusts for that until a Mopar Race PCM is available. You never know though. I'd love to eat my words and Corsa has actually found a HP increase, but given the Gen IV I doubt it. That isn't knocking it though because for me the value is in the sound and quality craftsmanship. These aftermarket exhaust companies just have a harder time now given that computational flow dynamics has shed light for OEMs to make very good factory exhaust systems.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the viper book by Liam they made mention of the new single coat cat that netted them some additional hp. My guess is the factory cat is already considered a high flow cat. i did not give the whole story, when Corsa put on their high flow cat they lost HP. The PCM does not change anything at WOT, that is a fixed fuel/timing map. There are ambient modifiers, but, for all intents, the map is fixed. PCM changes are during closed loop, WOT is open loop. We all have to remember that Corsa only had a car for a few days, what they bring to the viper in the future could be a far different story. If all goes according to plan I should have the new exhaust within two weeks.

Jack, are you getting an early test unit, or will this be a production unit? Looking forward to your evaluation on sound quality, effect on drone, Etc.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just think, this new Corsa system should be cheaper than previous versions, because they don't need to put their fancy tips with raised CORSA name on them!

Ha, wishful thinking :)

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In for a vid and pics.

Are they doing the black diamond coating for the viper exhaust? I have that on my shelby and it looks sweet. Though I guess in the side exhaust it wouldn't make much sense unless they give you that section that goes around the actual pipe in the black diamond.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure - the tentative plan was to bring my car in to their lab in the month of July. They want to fit a pre-production system to my car. Their jigs are built. They seem to be very competent and professional.

In for a vid and pics.

Are they doing the black diamond coating for the viper exhaust? I have that on my shelby and it looks sweet. Though I guess in the side exhaust it wouldn't make much sense unless they give you that section that goes around the actual pipe in the black diamond.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96