Corsa Exhaust....

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always alot of comments on exhaust sound/manufacturer and whose sounds best and whose is fastest and whose does what. Thought I'd pass on my experience to whoever may be interested. I installed a Corsa 2.5" cat-back system last year on my 99 GTS and was initially fairly pleased with the sound. Fit and finish was truly perfect so its not any kind of issue. Anyway, after a while, it still sounded like it needed a little boost in the loudness department...tone was OK. This winter I bought a set of Hi Flo Cats from Jon B. at the Parts Rack. Checked around for prices and brands, his were the most expensive (can't remember how much now, 2 months later...shows how important price was!)but I decided to buy his since he rated them so high. Installation was relatively simple, had a few small problems which were easily corrected. You should hear it now! What a sound. It gurgles at idle like the old side pipe 427 Corvettes (67's) used to and really rips when you jump on it. Sounds incredible...lots of compliments on both the tone and noise level. Not an obnoxious, loud noise that bothers us old guys(!!) but a great sound. Would HIGHLY recommend them. As for power, the car was scarey fast before (just a few mods) and still is...no idea on any additional HP with this change.

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, I've been waiting for the Corsa 3" to come out. Did the Corsa's eliminate the interior resonance before you changed the cats, and what about after you changed to the high flow cats is the resonance gone?

OP
OP
T

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As advertised, the resonance was gone after the initial installation. The changeover to the Hi Flo Cats had no negative effect on that elimination of the resonance...just a noticeabily deeper, throaty-ier (did I invent that word?) sound. Very powerful sounding....oh yes, we like that!