Corsa install - sill temps, amazed

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I did a few mods to the car (Corsa, K&N, plugs) & then went on travel, and then vacation, so I didn't have much test drive time. I got out the other day with my son & went for a nice long ride.

I'm amazed at the temp difference in my side sills just from the Corsa install. It's a night and day difference. Stock, they were dangerrously hot, especially for my son, he was sooo careful about it. And after a long hot drive the car would literally stink in the garage, like something wasn't burning, but coming close to burning.

My son pointed it out to me when we got out, how cool the sills are now, and no stinky burning type smell when turning the beast off in the garage. It's wonderful!:laugh:

For this alone I'd do the Corsa; plus the sound, plus the hp jolt for good measure.

Another Corsa fan is born.

Dave.
03 SRT

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats, sounds nice doesnt it. And it only gets cooler if you go hi-flow cats or remove all cats. My sills are barely even warm. Much better then stock.

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I did a few mods to the car (Corsa, K&N, plugs) & then went on travel, and then vacation, so I didn't have much test drive time. I got out the other day with my son & went for a nice long ride.

I'm amazed at the temp difference in my side sills just from the Corsa install. It's a night and day difference. Stock, they were dangerrously hot, especially for my son, he was sooo careful about it. And after a long hot drive the car would literally stink in the garage, like something wasn't burning, but coming close to burning.

My son pointed it out to me when we got out, how cool the sills are now, and no stinky burning type smell when turning the beast off in the garage. It's wonderful!:laugh:

For this alone I'd do the Corsa; plus the sound, plus the hp jolt for good measure.

Another Corsa fan is born.

Dave.
03 SRT

How much louder was the car at idle and light throttle around town with the Corsa?

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I did the track also, actually I don't think Corsa makes the crossover anymore.

I didn't do cats, only reason was fear of too loud for my wife, and issues some guys have with O2 sensors - corsa told me they were only worth about 4rwhp, so I kept it simple.

Yes on the footwells, it's all much much cooler. Corsa told me it's reduce the side exhaust temp by over 100 degress, I thought that was a marketing claim, but now I'm a believer.

Sound is very reasonable at idle, at cruise & full throttle. I'm used to my stangs with hiflo cats, headers etc., very loud V8 sound, this is much different.

Of course on a normal car the exhaust is way out back so LOUD is OK. Considering the exhaust outlet is like 30 inches from your & your passengers ear on the Viper, I think this is loud enough, but definitely not "loud". It's definitely not as nice as a V8 sound, more like a muffled F1 type sound but very nice, such an improvement from stock that anyone would have to be happy with the improvement from that.

Simple install, I was kidding a friend that the exhaust install seemed easier than sapping the spark plugs, LOL. That's another story ;-)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang