Corsa install

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Going to get a Corsa cat back system and was wondering if I could do the install job myself at home. I do not have a lift, just a jack and stands. Would also appreciate advise on the best way to get all 4 off the ground. Rhino rams and a jack?

FE GTS 195

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need for anything other than a jack and jackstands. Very do-able in the garage. Go to the "how to section" and you will find very good information.

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you order hi-flow cats too, or just the corsa system?

I just ordered the Corsas/Random Tech Cats! Can't wait!

I was thinking about installing it myself, but since I got the cats also, might just let someone else do all of the installation.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The instructions in the illustrated upgrades section are very helpful.

I did my install in my garage in about 3 hours.. including beer breaks.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kgrif,
I did the writeup in the how-to section. It should give you some helpful tips. It is an easy intall and I did mine in the garage on rhino ramps and jackstands by myself and I'm not much of a mechanic. The fit of the Corsa was excellent and didn't require any real tweaking to make it work. Pretty much bolt on and go. If you are planning on doing HF cats at the same time that will be a bigger project as it requires welding.

--- Ken

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is really eazy, the "How to" was very helpful. I had my 16 year old daughter help as a learning experiance,she learned alot and said it wasn't to hard and alot of fun :)

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kgrif,
I did the writeup in the how-to section. It should give you some helpful tips. It is an easy intall and I did mine in the garage on rhino ramps and jackstands by myself and I'm not much of a mechanic. The fit of the Corsa was excellent and didn't require any real tweaking to make it work. Pretty much bolt on and go. If you are planning on doing HF cats at the same time that will be a bigger project as it requires welding.

--- Ken

I used Ken's instructions (nice pics by the way) and it was a breeze. I did the same thing, but hadn't planned on getting the HF cats. JonB and a couple of other fellows said to do it (since everything is already off right) so I did. Sure you might pick up a couple of HP but the major point is HUGE heat reduction. Night and day difference, and the sound is cool too.

One thing that I would suggest you do ahead of time is hit the bolts on those clamps with some LIQUID WRENCH or some other lubricant a couple of days before, and do it at least 2 times. Usually on exhaust systems that is the longest part to deal with.

Removal and installation I did in about an hour. If you have a cute assistant to hand you the pipes, wrench and a beverage, you are all set...however these do not come with the kit. :D

Let us know how you like it. You will be blown away.