Corsa plus hi flow a first for me

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered a Corsa exhaust plus ceramic hi flow cats for a 2010. I have had Corsa cat backs for many cars including Vettes, Vipers and Caddies. I have a Belanger cat back on another 2010 and like it but thought this combo might be a litlle throatier.

From doing searches here this seemed like a good choice. Correct? Thanks

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh-oh. Heard there have been some instances of SEDS (Sudden Engine Death Syndrome) with just that combo.

:rolaugh: Kidding of course! Music is in the ear of the listener... and having already owned a Belanger, a little variety could be just the ticket for you.

I suppose if Vipers were more common it would be much easier to pick exhaust setups based on what we've already heard-- rather than taking our best guess from YouTube vids and 'Net splatter...

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had just the Corsa on my '06 Coupe and I liked the sound, though it wasn't very loud IMO.

With my '08 I went with ROE H/F Cats and Corsa and it's definitely throatier/louder. I do like it when I drive the car, but if it were my DD, it'd be too loud. At cruise it is still reasonably quiet.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have that exact setup (3" throughout) on my '09 ACR, and it sounds good. In hindsight, I think I would have gone with the metal substrate cats because the sound isn't quite 'right' in my opinion. That said, I am not sure if the metal substrate cats would have been 'better' but they're definitely louder.

Expect CELs for P0420 and P0430 codes (inefficient cats). If you need to get your car smogged, do it before you install the cats... Otherwise, you might fail. One thing I've found is it's not a good idea to leave the car idling for too long - that is what seems to trigger the CELs in my car. If I limit my idling, and keep the engine speeds up when driving, I don't get the CEL - so it seems to me that if the cats are hot enough, they work efficiently enough to keep from triggering the CEL. If you let them cool, you'll get the stupid light...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed today. Best sound I personally I have gotten in a Viper.

You picked the right Cat. The Ceramic has better note and not near as loud as the metallic Cat. I had the metallic on my 98 GTS and changed to Ceramic (a tip from Jon B) and that was the trick. Great sound, but not too loud. Just like you said, best sound on a Viper. I put just the Corsa Catback on my 03. Left the stock cats and it sounds great. Maybe someday I will go with the hi-flow, but it is good enough for me right now. Glad it worked durmmer.

Pappa Prich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You picked the right Cat. The Ceramic has better note and not near as loud as the metallic Cat. I had the metallic on my 98 GTS and changed to Ceramic (a tip from Jon B) and that was the trick. Great sound, but not too loud. Just like you said, best sound on a Viper. I put just the Corsa Catback on my 03. Left the stock cats and it sounds great. Maybe someday I will go with the hi-flow, but it is good enough for me right now. Glad it worked durmmer.

What would you say is the difference in the sound between the ceramic and metallic cats? Is the metallic just louder or does it change the 'type' of sound?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950