Cosmetics ACR

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was driving home my new 2000 ACR last month and although I love the interior of my GTSsI realized that the passenger side was boring. No informative guages, no pretty or blinking lights - they're all on my side of the car. That's why the wife wants to stop driving afte dark? Too boring?

I've been working on 'perfecting' the ACR, changing fluids, adjusting the KWs upgrading to Ceramic pads and some lightweight rotors, re-routing the wiring, polishing, etc. I bought myself a leather tooling kit to replace some of what I lost in a building fire a few years ago. While wondering what pattern to carve/tool for a midriff style 'fancy belt' I saw a UK posting of an ACR logo. I asked an the gent was kind enough to email me the logo. I adjusted the size and thought that I'd try tooling it and see how that looked. Sneaky Pete is a second option as well. A couple days later and ... Holding it up against the airbag on the passenger dash it seems to look great!

You must be registered for see images

When I tried to tape it on there was no chance of sticking so I guess the previous owner (Casey) must have treated the leather/vinyl. I'll have to wipe it wwith laquer thinners to clean the stuff that coats the vinyl. Then I'll use a thinner based contact cement to glue it on.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, not fingernail polish, :) that's overspray from when I sprayed "Viper Red" paint into the plastic lid so that I could brush it onto the Leatherwork.

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah, my girl also complaints that her side of the interior looks boring and cheap

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, Euchar,

It's a TV time thing. I originally wanted a Red Sneaky Pete ... but the ACR looks kinda cool and now I'm wondering if a scaled down ACR would work better on the GTS glovebox lid? I'm wondering about the steering wheel airbag. Would it be OK if I tooled a Leather cover and glued that over the steering wheel center pad or would that interfere with the airbag deployment? What do you think? Anyone know if the cover rips or just blows off?

Maybe I should do some scribbling and try to incorporate the ACR with flag tail, into some sort of combination with the Sneaky Pete?

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah, my girl also complaints that her side of the interior looks boring and cheap

Suggest that is girls are always on that side, maybe Roses for a motif? Might want to figure something with you car colors?

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave