Coupe: NEW color AND wheels!! (REAL PICS)...

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its very real and at the Geneva Auto Show.
Blue and white looks great but it is nice to see it in another color. I like those rims too. Anyone got wallpaper size pics? Perhaps someone who went to the Geneva show?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
at the 3/4 angle, those rims look cool. However, spot on...they look very out of place.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL!

What a damn shame. :( DC has successfully ruined one of the greatest cars that's ever come out of an American manufacturer.

It just gets more comical as DC windmills its way around the design studio.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree Clint. It's getting there. It can't be easy to build a car and then have to tweak it because GM has built one so identical.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree Clint. It's getting there. It can't be easy to build a car and then have to tweak it because GM has built one so identical.

Chuckster,

I respect your opinion a lot, but I don't see this new SRT Coupe as a contiguous and fluid design. To me, progress and innovation in the auto industry requires constant development and forward-thinking. It's like the first half of the car is designed with that in mind and the second half is a tacky add-on that wasn't even worthy of consideration, much less production. I'm just amazed that this car is being produced in the trim that it is; it seems assanine to try to make the curvaceous Gen II meld with the straight-edged Gen III. Honestly, the idea doesn't even begin to click with me as being 'ok'.

Anyway, I really think that DC screwed the pooch on this car, style wise. As far as performace goes, I think it's an awesome machine, but beyond that, the f'd up roof add on with visible seam lines and the clashing rear-end ruin the car as a whole for me.

Make the Gen III GTS look like the CC and you have yourself a styling knockout, but don't create a bastard child of a car in order to cut costs and ease production headaches.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the styling of the SRT-Coupe. Certainly much more than the Comp Coupe, which is wildly impractical for the street, and very heavy in the rear.

The only thing lacking to me is no power boost for the coupe. :(

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the styling of the SRT-Coupe. Certainly much more than the Comp Coupe, which is wildly impractical for the street
"impractical?" A Viper? Naaaaah.

They said the same thing in 1992 but Lutz had the balls to build it anyway. This current group of designers lack those balls.

The only thing lacking to me is no power boost for the coupe. :(
That's the campaign we need to push. There are too many SRT owners and Johnny-come-latelys that are content with the Viper HP even though numerous cars are joining the 500 club. The Viper needs to stay AHEAD of the crowd.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see this new SRT Coupe as a contiguous and fluid design.

I hear you Clint, but I'll overlook lackluster styling for performance any day. Looks are for posers. I'll ***** and complain about it but in the end it's the performance that will sell me the car.

This car will never be the 10 that our GenI&II are, but if they bump the HP I'll be perfectly happy with it.

That 3/4 shot doesn't look bad anyway. Put the NACA duct back on the hood and it'll be ok.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if those funky wheels weighed 5-8 pounds less than any previous Viper wheel - would you like them better then? Perhaps there is a method to their madness. And I remind you, don't knock the new Coupe until you have seen it in person. It looks SO much better in person than in pictures, especially the rear end. A dark silver version is going to be beautiful.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if those funky wheels weighed 5-8 pounds less than any previous Viper wheel - would you like them better then? Perhaps there is a method to their madness. And I remind you, don't knock the new Coupe until you have seen it in person. It looks SO much better in person than in pictures, especially the rear end. A dark silver version is going to be beautiful.

My girlfriend might be ugly in these pics.... but wait until you meet her in person. With an intro like that, what's a reasonable person's expectation?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is what those wheels remind me of...

You must be registered for see images attach

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My girlfriend might be ugly in these pics.... but wait until you meet her in person. With an intro like that, what's a reasonable person's expectation?
To flip that, there is a girl in my office who I would probably fly to Vegas and marry this weekend if she would have me, but once I saw a picture of her and WHOA is she is *****-o-rama in pictures. Just saying that when I saw the car at Barrett-Jackson I was really amazed at how cohesive it felt in person as opposed to feeling cobbled together in pictures. I still say park the SRT-10 Coupe next to a C6 Z06 and the Vette will disappear.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
To flip that, there is a girl in my office who I would probably fly to Vegas and marry this weekend if she would have me, but once I saw a picture of her and WHOA is she is *****-o-rama in pictures. Just saying that when I saw the car at Barrett-Jackson I was really amazed at how cohesive it felt in person as opposed to feeling cobbled together in pictures. I still say park the SRT-10 Coupe next to a C6 Z06 and the Vette will disappear.

[/QUOTE]

The vette's got nothing to do with it. IMO, the vette would disappeaar behind an srt4. Say what you will about the coupe, it has nothing on the gts on styling... which is very unfortunate. I can deal with a new design that is a huge departure from the gts, but this half@$$ed lil bit of srt10 and a lil bit of gts, just has laziness written all over it. Does it look good? Better than 90% of the cars out there. 90% is not good enough.

Let's not even discuss performance...

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To have a great car...people have to fit into it.
So far, the mule I sat in...doesn't work!
Oh- and put the white back in the license plate area!

PBR
10 of 50

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if those funky wheels weighed 5-8 pounds less than any previous Viper wheel - would you like them better then? Perhaps there is a method to their madness.
Or perhaps just madness. :rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if those funky wheels weighed 5-8 pounds less than any previous Viper wheel - would you like them better then? Perhaps there is a method to their madness.

You're better off having better looking wheels and driving nekkid if you just want to save 5lbs! :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte