1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coupe Rear Conversion on Convertible

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by About2bite, Mar 8, 2014.

1. About2bite

About2bite Enthusiast

Thoughts??

Attached Files:

2. King_

King_ Enthusiast

Might try the search function...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  3. NO HEMI

NO HEMI Enthusiast

Love it!!!

4. Indy

Indy Enthusiast

Looks really good. Go for it, if you don't mind the price.

5. St.Char

St.Char Viper Owner

Wish the verts came this way, just can't justify the price though for the conversion.

6. King_

King_ Enthusiast

7. denniskgb

denniskgb Enthusiast

Looks awesome, go for it, its only money:D

8. gb66gth

gb66gth Enthusiast

Is there a coupe rear conversion kit for the vert without the whole wide body kit?

9. intense5.5

intense5.5 Enthusiast

Yes, from vipair. Research before buying and see if you want to roll the dice.

10. ohlarikd

ohlarikd Enthusiast

I always thought it made the back way too long and chunky. Needs a roof, but maybe if I saw it in person I'd have a different opinion.

11. King_

King_ Enthusiast

Maybe you should buy a coupe and give me yours..PLEASE :D

12. Wedge500

Wedge500 Viper Owner

That car looked great in person!! It used to be owned by a friend of mine (ROCKET62).

You might want to contact him if you have any questions because he was involved in the build of the car.

13. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

Yes, that car looked spectacular. But I think Lempke made it and now he is just working on the Falcon. Rocket has since redone another with the Vipair kit. Pretty sure he posted about it on this board. I seem to recall he said it took some work to get the body panels to fit right.

14. ulllose

ulllose Viper Owner

I kinda remember rocket did the conversion but it was lempke's parts......

15. ROCKET62

ROCKET62 Has Left the Room!

That was Jeff Lemke's Street Serpent Kit - I was literally in tears when it was being loaded into the trailer for the trip to the new owner. The House of Kolors Kandy Red was amazing! Lemke's kit changes all of the body panels with the exception of the hood and doors. Very high quality kit and gives the Viper a different, very aggressive look. Totally different than just doing the rear end - which I have also done using the Vipair rear end. I think Steve (vipair) has good intentions and may be spread a little thin at times. For me the difference is night and day between the vert rear end and the coupe rear end and obviously I prefer the coupe.
    [​IMG]

16. ViperGuy1983

ViperGuy1983 Enthusiast

Rocket62, your SS#3 was/is amazing! And again, you've outdone yourself with the Vipair conversion. Pretty much what I plan to do once I finally get my Viper (my present to myself for making Chief in the NAVY-fingers crossed this year). Met Jeff a few years back as he was just starting the Falcon, and got to drive SS#1. Jeff is awesome and I would love to do a SS conversion but I don't foresee being able to afford that anytime soon. I would definitely love to do the Vipair conversion though. What was the build like? Do it yourself after paint or was that a body shop thing?
    Again, that is an AMAZING looking scheme you got going there. LOVE the ACR stripes on white.

Tonycool, I would love to get some pics of SS#3 and my '12 Stinger Yellow Challenger. I'm over in Port Orchard, WA. Would love to see that Kandy red in person finally.