Crab Feast Cruise - Saturday June 5th

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all those members who have made their reservations for the Crab Feast, your tickets and itinerary are being mailed out at the end of this week. There will be two important changes from previous years: 1) The crab feast is from 3-6pm, two hours later (we are trying to avoid the Bay Bridge traffic), and 2) The meeting place in Annapolis has been changed, since the Naval Academy stadium parking lot we've used in past years, is a "mess". Check the itinerary for the new meeting place and directions. and to get the departure times and locations from the various starting points. As of today we have about 45 Vipers, and 96 guests attending.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a heads up - Itineray, and tickets were mailed out this morning (Friday) to all those who have submitted their reservations. You should receive them within a day or two after Memorial day. As noted on the itinerary we are gathering at the Annapolis Mall this year, not the Naval Academy, before heading over to the Eastern Shore.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your efforts Gus! Nice work!

So, how many people are currently scheduled to show up at the capital beltway south meeting spot this Saturday?

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be at the mall.

Mike, what time are you and the boys planning on showing up? I was thinking that without traffic the Northern VA convoy would probably be there at 2pm?

I will get there about 1:30pm to shoot the bull with the rest of the cool kids. I might be the only way there that early but what the heck.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the count (of cars):

DE Group: 3
Baltimore Group: 10
Northern DC Group: 5
Southern DC Group: 17
Meeting in Annapolis: 13
Going Straight to the Crab Deck: 2

Total Cars expected on the Cruise: 50
Total Members and Guests: 102

It looks like Mr. Weatherman may have done a 180 on us. Was expecting clear/partly cloudy, but in the last few hours changed to rain over night Friday and into Saturday morning, with clearing in the afternoon. Let's hope for the best! Rain or Shine, we GO!!

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
I will be at the mall.

Mike, what time are you and the boys planning on showing up? I was thinking that without traffic the Northern VA convoy would probably be there at 2pm?

I will get there about 1:30pm to shoot the bull with the rest of the cool kids. I might be the only way there that early but what the heck.

Jody, I will be arriving approximately 1:30-145 Bringin the wifey, i'll see you guys there!

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weatherman has definitely not cooperated today, as the forecast this morning is for rain all day. As Gus mentioned, the event goes rain or shine. Although I'm a big proponent of driving the Viper, I personally don't see much sense in dragging it into the rain today when there appears to be no hope of clearing until late evening. Maybe a few years ago, I'd have taken the Viper even in the rain. But today I'll be making the trek in another car. The gathering places for the cruise are still good, even with the rain.

On the positive side, this rain might mean less traffic today on the Bay Bridge.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biff- Bring 'em !
As the eternal optimist, I'm still bringing the Viper, this is one of those days, I don't regret not having the Gen1.

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biff, I'll be bringing the kids (now 5 and 7). They always have a good time at the event.

I haven't made the call on wheter to drive the viper yet though. Since we have 4 going, we'll have to take the other car no matter what.

See you there

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Bonk, most of us are wusses. I guess the rest of us are saving our Viper rain driving experience this year for VOI. (The rain there is becoming a tradition!) We had 7 or 8 Vipers show, despite the constant and at times even heavy rain. I think the final headcount at the Fisherman's Crab Deck was 87.

Thanks to Gus Strakes for another great event.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Gus, Ron, et al. What a great time. Rain didn't dampen the spirits of the our club. Food was fantastic and the company was even better

Great to see everyone again.

Jody

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte