Crack on Lower Fascia (PIC)

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blame it on a steep driveway and my failure to do something about it sooner. :( As you can see from the photo, I now have a small crack on the lower part of my fascia (directly in front of the driver's side front wheel. What is the best way to have something like this repaired? Thanks.

1152First_Pictures_025-med.jpg

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are products out there especially for these repairs. Any reputable body shop should be able to repair that easily. Make sure you have them glue it from the inside.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ouch!
bummer Gar!..
some yellow spray paint.. STAT!

as mentioned above.. minor body work .. no biggie.
but agravating...time to rip out the old driveway..

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ouch!
...time to rip out the old driveway..

Yes Sir, my yellow brother. Looking for my sledge hammer as we speak. Thanks for the good advice regarding the body repair.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeeeeeouch!

Hard to find a snake without some kind of front end facia damage these days!

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a GTS owner around here who installed front and rear video cameras that hook up to his in-dash dvd/navigation player. He can toggle from one camera to another. He toggles to the front camera mounted in the facia for parking -- works great! It's also a blast to view from that camera at about 120 mph! I know it seems expensive, but at the rate we all have to repair our facias it might be cost justified!

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me. Just took it to a local body shop he had stuff there to fix it up like new can't event tell and just sprayed the lower piece

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, that's a nice one. I have a small, 1" crack in mine, and plan on repairing it this fall!
Easy fix from what I hear! And the lower facia needs to be painted every so often anyways from being slapped around a bit!! :p

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While it probably would not have helped this situation...I placed a length of door edge moulding along the bottom of my GTS and it has taken the brunt of slight scraping..instead of the body paint.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

My GTS had a crack like that in the exact location. Here's my quick and cheap fix. I went to an automotive paint shop and picked up a 3M Structural Adhesive Kit #08101. I removed the clear tape from the corner using 3M All-Purpose Adhesive Remover. I then bonded the crack from behind the facia using the adhesive and a fiber glass patch. I filled in the crack on the front side with the adhesive and sanded it smooth after it cured. Next I poured a bottle of touch up paint into an air brush and thinned it out with some reducer. I spray painted the area where the tape was. After the paint dried, I applied a new piece of protective tape which I ordered from the Dealer ($35 I think). This fix has lasted me 3 years. I made a template of the tape and have some leftover tape. If you want to do it the cheap way like I did, PM me and I can mail the tape to you. I figured why spend too much loot on something that's gonna happen again. Not perfect but it works and is hardly noticeable.

2827DSC00012.JPG

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

My GTS had a crack like that in the exact location. Here's my quick and cheap fix. I went to an automotive paint shop and picked up a 3M Structural Adhesive Kit #08101. I removed the clear tape from the corner using 3M All-Purpose Adhesive Remover. I then bonded the crack from behind the facia using the adhesive and a fiber glass patch. I filled in the crack on the front side with the adhesive and sanded it smooth after it cured. Next I poured a bottle of touch up paint into an air brush and thinned it out with some reducer. I spray painted the area where the tape was. After the paint dried, I applied a new piece of protective tape which I ordered from the Dealer ($35 I think). This fix has lasted me 3 years. I made a template of the tape and have some leftover tape. If you want to do it the cheap way like I did, PM me and I can mail the tape to you. I figured why spend too much loot on something that's gonna happen again. Not perfect but it works and is hardly noticeable.

2827DSC00012.JPG

Thanks Dave. You have a PM.

Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi