curious about 08 viper exhaust system

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the crossover is eliminated so I wonder if anyone may have heard the 08 running--what does it sound like? who makes it? is it comparable to corsa or ? at idle or full song?

eagles

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Eagles,
I can't speak for the production 08 but 2008 Concept Coupe has the sweetest sound of any Viper that I have heard. I have a Video Clip of the car coming off of the stage at the Palo Alto Concours that I might be able to post. Sound is subjective,what some like other hate. But, to me, the sound is deeper, like the Borla without being harsh or too loud....it has a mellow but full sound. In fact that was one of most noticable features of the car, it has to be the best sounding Viper that I have ever heard..

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you have the latest edition of Viper mag there is a article about the engne. Alot more went into getting the sound right than just the exhaust!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Eagles,
I can't speak for the production 08 but 2008 Concept Coupe has the sweetest sound of any Viper that I have heard. I have a Video Clip of the car coming off of the stage at the Palo Alto Concours that I might be able to post. Sound is subjective,what some like other hate. But, to me, the sound is deeper, like the Borla without being harsh or too loud....it has a mellow but full sound. In fact that was one of most noticable features of the car, it has to be the best sounding Viper that I have ever heard..

Didnt the concept Viper have the "Mopar " exhaust on it and also headers??. Which is considered a aftermarket part,
So that would be different then what the 08 will come with.

Last edited:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the show information. It is not very detailed.
concept-coupe-info.JPG

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm worried about only hearing 5 cylinder per side. I understand you'll hear all 10 inside but, from the outside it will sound like the Gen II RT/10. Personally I prefer hearing all 10 cylinder firing like on the Gen III SRT with it’s crossover.

Whatever it is I'm sure I'll love it or learn to love it. I'm a Viper addict and I'm not in recovering

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the latest edition of Viper mag there is a article about the engine. A lot more went into getting the sound right than just the exhaust!

Good point. remember the new variable ratio camshaft will have a ton of influence on the exhaust note, therefor it will be hard to duplicate in a Gen 3.

Robbie

OP
OP
E

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rcl4688, thanks for the clip. It sure doesn't sound like a 5 cylinder in that clip. I like the throatiness.

eagles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang