Custom Driveway/Curb Ramps - Who's In?

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm growing very tired of dragging wooden blocks out to the end of my driveway to ramp the ACR down without scraping the front air splitter. I'm sure this same problem exists with all Vipers. I contacted Race Ramps (No other Car Ramps compare! | Ramps for your Corvettes, Porsches, Vipers, Mustangs, BMWs, Ferraris, and other high performance cars with wide tires and low ground clearance! | RaceRamps.com your best solution for Lightweight Car Ramps!), and they can custom make a set of ramps to interface between the driveway curb slope and road. Unfortunately, they are not a stock item. Take a look at the pictures below. Every development in my neighborhood has this same driveway to road concrete slope piece, so it must be pretty universal. Jared at race ramps said the cost of a on-eoff custom set of ramps is $300-$600, but that the price goes down rapidly with even small quantities. Below is a drawing of a set they already did, and pictures of my driveway to road slope where I need the ramps. Anyone else interested in ordering? I'll gather total numbers of interested members first, and then get cost.

Custom_Curb_Ramp.jpg

IMG_3733.JPG

IMG_37321.JPG

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id be interested but a set for my buddies lift at his shop.

keep me posted if it will help

edit:: id be looking at a set of rackramps i think.....

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:confused:cant u just hit that situation at a angle!maybe not?just a thought there.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put a piece of half inch plywood down.cut to ur common sense of work.:confused:

OP
OP
V

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm concerned that the length of plywood needed, besides being unwieldy to cart down to the end of the driveway, may flex and break at some point. What I really need is something that securely extends the slope of the existing curb to road interface. The existing slope is too steep.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call a black top company out and have them fill it with asphalt????

Who in the hell would want to drag anything out of the garage every time they want to take there car out???????
I would either move or call the asphalt company

If you were looking for my opinion...lol

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you discreetly have someone come out and cut the apron out from the asphalt to the sidewalk and repour that piece and blend into the sides? Looks like that would spread the incline over more that twice the distance..

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever think of the cheap and easy diamond plate and hilti?? just cut a piece of diamond plate to the size you need and hilti it to the curb so it doesn't go anywhere. Or would your community have a fit about that?

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haul my **** out every time I have to pull out of the driveway. Well I didn't do it one time, figured I could just cut it hard and clear it. I couldn't and I ripped my bumper on the bottom.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That Griot's Garage has the piece I am looking for I need the "gap" for water flow under the "bridge". I was looking at making something my self but this may just be the ticket!! Thanks

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Griot's Garage has the piece I am looking for I need the "gap" for water flow under the "bridge". I was looking at making something my self but this may just be the ticket!! Thanks

3 years ago, I tore out my driveway lip after I got the Viper. I took a jack hammer to it (the lip, not the Viper), regrading it and re-poured the asphalt. My neighbors thought I was nuts but now they understand. :D

This solution from Griot's looks promising. If you do order it, use coupon code EMTHB and you'll get a free 8oz bottle of Wheel Cleaner with your order. :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang