Custom interior and audio build thread! 1998 GTS

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well the amp rack is finally ready for fiberglass. According to the installer he will be laying glass tomorrow. I think that the Viper should be done in about 2 weeks. He insured me that it would be ready for the car show in 2 and half weeks. So I finally may be bringing this build to a close. Anyways I will keep the updates coming.
You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lookin good so far. What are you using for sound deadener? I came across some stuff I liked from a place called GT Mat. I used the 110mil stuff. Also, are you adding a layer of MLV, if so, what weight? Love the seats btw!

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lookin good so far. What are you using for sound deadener? I came across some stuff I liked from a place called GT Mat. I used the 110mil stuff. Also, are you adding a layer of MLV, if so, what weight? Love the seats btw!

We are using material called ballistic, Works great and I think the thickness is .083 or 2.1mm. Regardless the car needed it BAD. I'm only doing a single layer, I really do think that will be enough. Thanks on the seats by the way.

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This build is awesome. Great work and clean install. Really like the cockpit, can't wait to see the hydrocarbon in there.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fiber glass is underway, and they are starting to sand down to get the parts ready to wrap. Also here are the speakers thats are going in the rear deck. One of the cool features for the subs is they are going to be flush mounted in the box. the top of the grill will be even with box itself. It will allow me to still be able to put a duffle bag in the car for trips. We also decided on the side to put compartment for cleaning supplies and storage.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well looks like the shop is going to try to have the car done by the end of the week, so pretty excited about that. Here is the rear console with the door being re installed. I have to give Fatboy18 credit the carbon fiber was a great idea. They reinstalled the trim behind the doors. As you can kinda see what the amp rack is going to look like in the car. The spare wheel well is now covered with material. Getting excited about the car coming together this week.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got this pic from the shop!

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but that purple Impala with the purple 30"s in the background. Bawahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Can't believe people really do that.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry but that purple Impala with the purple 30"s in the background. Bawahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Can't believe people really do that.

Me neither buddy, that guy has spent a crazy load of money on that car, and those are only 26's.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So the update from today the sub box is getting its last layer of fiber glass, and should be read to sand and cover tomorrow. The amp cover is being foamed, and will be covered tomorrow. The amp rack is installed and all the wiring is hooked up. Then they finished the armrest which they added a memory foam pad to for comfort. The picture doesn't do it justice.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This doesn't have to do with the build, but these shirts just came in I ordered. I got one for me, and one made for my son which is 5. The picture is the one for him. Can't wait to take him cruising, he will be soo excited!!!
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a small update today, wanted to show you another angle of the center console arm pad. Here is the amp cover ready for material, the lines are on the for a template to lay the material on. Then the cover its self ready for the blue top stitch. The box is sanded and ready for foam. To fill the hole where the old netted storage bin they are building this. It's has to let the vinyl dry then trimmed, followed by smoking the plexi, and installing it with blue back lighting. Should be pretty sweet. Can't wait for today and tomorrows updates should see some serious differences.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So here is the trunk ready for fiber glass, and the rear paneling is done. The back lighting is going to installed so you can't see the led's. Anyways tomorrows update should be pretty awesome.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how is the budget looking so far? :D

Are you on track to where you thought you would be or has the price gone up a bit? Really looking forward to seeing things back together in the car :2tu:

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Budget wise I'm lookin good, I'm pretty sure I know where the project is going to come in at. Honestly if I told you what I spent you would be surprised, just keep in mind I worked here for 2 years, and were all really good friends. Know if you want to know retail with all the parts and labor I would bet this build would be 12,000- 15,000 depending on materials and equipment. I bet you will see some stuff come together today, and remember the car has to be completely done by wed of next week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets