Daily Driver Question

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of people on this forum have "normal" daily drivers. The common misconception is that all Viper owners are extremely wealthy. Actually, that is a common misconception around pretty much all exotics. For the first year of owning the Viper I drove it everyday but did not like all the attention on a daily basis so I bought a new 2003 Honda Civic. The car was amazing because it cost almost nothing to own and was pratical. I just bought a Honda S2000 last year as my new daily. Finally after saving, I have a daily driver that can at least keep up somewhat with the Viper. Just has very little torque ;).

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Vipers, Gen I, II, and III were my daily drivers unless it was raining. Then I drove my Dakota or my '62 hipo Valiant Signet (mid 15's with slant six). There's nothing to make a Viper not an every day driver, unless you're worried about trade-in or insurance value.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is a perfectly good daily driver. I've put close to 100k miles on Vipers as daily drivers.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought that most would say that is a decent daily driver so I can get better MPG... What are some of your daily drivers.

From left to right is Elvira, Shirley and Scarlett. Shirley sees the most use as a DD in the warmer months, although she's not afraid of a little cold weather once or twice a week thoughout the winter. She likes the challenge of a 34 mile RT ride to work when its 20F degrees out. If you're looking for decent gas MPG ratings, Shirley is the way to go. That, plus she helps me work off some of those Krispy Creme donuts.

Scarlett, the newest member of the family, will probably try to ****** me more often this winter with her heated seats. I must not give in to temptation.

Elvira rarely ever goes to work with me, although I've taken her there to show her the company responsible for helping to make her a member of the family. She never gets driven in the rain and she's happy with that arrangement.

You must be registered for see images attach

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RoadiJeff~~Curious about your weather there in MO...do you still get the winters you did years ago...tons of snow and freezing temps? We don't as often as we did here in Upstate NY. (I'm from the snowbelt region..oh yeah, tons of snow/ice/black ice)....that's great you ride your bike...and love your 2 cars as well. A Viper in our area as well is not a feasible daily driver, tho it HAS been driven in the rain many, many times (the viper/wiper thread!!)...as we have to get to Viper events, rain or shine sometimes!
Thanx for sharing your pic!!! ~juli

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I now have too many to change my signature as I have added an '07 FXDL (Dyna Low Rider) & sold the Lexus & replaced her w/ an '07 Denali XL. Drive the Denali on long trips w/ the kids, the Jag is for the girlfriend & Honda mostly for grandma (she likes the power). Basically I choose the one that gets the best mileage & isn't being used for my DD. But then, I walk to work.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See my sig. :dunno:

The 335i (wife) and Lightning (me) are our daily drivers. Z06 and Viper weekend toys.

I sold my 1976 Stingray show car that I owned for over 20 years to buy my 01 GTS.
Sold my 01 C320 for the 335i.
Sold my 88 vette for the Z06.
Point being we keep our cars for a while and cannot afford to replace them every year.

We are DEFINITELY NOT WEALTHY. :(

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :)

Chad post some pics of the Eclipse. I want to see your riced out car. LOL

I'll get some photos sometime. Its actually less riced out now than it was a month ago. I pulled the graphics off the side of it and it looks sooooooo much cleaner now. I wouldve pulled them off years ago, but I was afraid it'd damage the paint (or at least the paint would be 2 different shades from the sun over the years). I talked to the vinyl guy who was doing some signs for us at work and he said I should be ok, so we pulled everything off right there in the parking lot. I'm much happier with the car now.

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My daily driver is a BMW 760Li and my Wife's is a Mercedes CLK55 Conv. In Houston I have driven the Viper alot more over the last 2 weeks as our weather has been perfect.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Commemorative Edition 05 (S/C/d etc. etc.) and my daily driver is an 06 PT Cruiser GT. It's fast and somewhat economical (if I keep my foot out of it!)....kind of the best of both worlds so to speak!!

finnsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use 300C CRD as my daily driver. Just installed KW V2 coil overs on it and the handling and ride went from poor to awesome! Pretty dramatic change! :2tu:

You must be registered for see images