daily driver still shines

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper is my only ride. It's on the road everyday...rain...shine...thunderstorms. Pics taken yesterday show that a daily driver can still look good.

9457Mvc-030f1-med.jpg

9457Mvc-029f-med.jpg

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very cool, and very nice.

Here's my daily driver. However, I do have another vehicle (4wd) that I drive in the rain, so, while my Viper usually does see rain on cross country trips, I see no reason to get it filthy and have to clean it when I can just drive the other. :cool: Of course, it doesn't rain that much here, so that doesn't limit me too much.

6950IMG_1548-med.JPG

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm impressed. My near-daily driver is starting to show a little age... a couple paint chips and scratches. It's dropped, so the underside of my vinyl stripes are visibly peeling from all the scrapes.

Then again, mine is a 97, and still looks pretty good if you're not running a magnifying glass over it... almost time for a repaint. :2tu:

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow a FE and a daily driver. I give props to you man.
Most of those babies just sit in the garage and don't get used like they should!

OP
OP
F

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I envy those that have a second vehicle. I have always been a 1 car owner/driver. There are times though...when it's quite limiting and even inconvenient. There are days when I wish I could just go about my business (or pleasure) without the whole town knowing where I am going or been.

Warfang
Mine was lowered it seems by previous owner and if you lay on the ground, you can see scratches and scuffs under the front fascia. As one Viper admirer at my local Dodge dealer said, when car was up on a rack (having oil changed)..."that just adds character to the car".

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a great looking car. The wheels make it look even better! If I add another Viper sometime next year, I would definitly want it to be an FE. 02' FE's are my favorite Viper of all-time!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a great looking car. The wheels make it look even better! If I add another Viper sometime next year, I would definitly want it to be an FE. 02' FE's are my favorite Viper of all-time!

That's why I added white stripes to my red 97. :2tu:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I envy those that have a second vehicle. I have always been a 1 car owner/driver. There are times though...when it's quite limiting and even inconvenient. There are days when I wish I could just go about my business (or pleasure) without the whole town knowing where I am going or been.

Warfang
Mine was lowered it seems by previous owner and if you lay on the ground, you can see scratches and scuffs under the front fascia. As one Viper admirer at my local Dodge dealer said, when car was up on a rack (having oil changed)..."that just adds character to the car".

If that gives it character then i have ALOT lol. The front fascia on my Rt/10 is scratched pretty bad, i'm thinking about repainting it very soon, although you really cant see it unless you bend down lol

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool, and very nice.

Here's my daily driver. However, I do have another vehicle (4wd) that I drive in the rain, so, while my Viper usually does see rain on cross country trips, I see no reason to get it filthy and have to clean it when I can just drive the other. :cool: Of course, it doesn't rain that much here, so that doesn't limit me too much.

6950IMG_1548-med.JPG
Your car looks just like my baby. I sure do miss my RT/10, especially after seeing that pic of yours :( only 8 more weeks and i can drive her once again :)

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

V10speedluvr, that comment makes me want to share a pic too,(hope you don't mind if I jump in Steve), I'm feeling all warm inside, man this is a long winter!
You must be registered for see images attach

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally, I dont overly like red cars w/black wheels, but Inferno, you just changed my mind :2tu: ! Your FE is pure sex! If any more pics of FE's get posted, ya'll are gonna be in trouble when i tell the cops i was provoked to rob the bank by VCA guys so that I could buy my own FE :shocked:

OP
OP
F

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Inferno
No probs...can't have enough pics of a Viper...any Viper ...any Gen and any color/combo. Keep'em coming...
It benefits those interested in possible Viper ownership to see what they all look like and for present owners too...to see what their car might look like with a certain wheel or striping or lowered...or for the next V10 purchase.

F355
about 22400 miles...although used daily, my work commute is sadly just 1.6 miles and my favorite grocery store is in between work and home...so many days it only gets 4 miles exercise. I have been to Texas a few times (Aggie Dad)...last ride was 1166 miles...but hometown daily mileage remains very low.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That is amazing. The car does not even warm up. HAHA! Congrats on the driving. The Viper was a daily for me the first year and then now it is the fair weather daily. Had since new and now has 31,900 miles. Enjoy in good health.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pics of my daily poser:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

8526Viperstretch-med.jpg

:nana:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TCKTPLZ: Are those clear side markers? I'm thinking of getting them, your car looks sweet!

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TCKTPLZ: Are those clear side markers? I'm thinking of getting them, your car looks sweet!

Yes. Here is where I bought mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE-VIPER-93-02-DIAMOND-CLEAR-FRONT-BUMPER-LIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33715QQitemZ8024948555QQrdZ1

They are kind of pricey considering that similiar clear side markers for other cars cost about $10, or $30 less. I guess it's just that inescapable Viper tax.

If you don't want to pay all that Viper tax then there is another alternative. I will trade you my clear side markers for your black rims. This will enable you to have the side markers of your dreams without succumbing to the exorbitant prices of Viper paraphanilia. How about it? ;)

Here are some more pics showing the side markers:

8526DSC00634-med.JPG

8526small-med.jpg