Damaging some ego's maybe

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was on a closed course and not a public road, right? :(

In accordance with the Club's purpose, the following policy is in effect for the VCA Website:

The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

Jeff is right. I know it's just friendly chat, but the VCA doesn't condone or support (even through the use of this website) any illegal activity including street racing. Injuring or killing yourself in your car on a closed course is tragic, but when you street race you're imparting that risk on innocent people and such activity goes against the charter of the club, which specifically is:

1. To help members have more fun with their Vipers. To encourage and promote the admiration for and the ownership, care and maintenance with safe and courteous operation of the VIPER automobile.
  2. To be a unified voice for Viper owners. To serve as a medium of exchange of ideas, information and parts for owners of the VIPER, to aid in preserving these automobiles in the original likeness.
  3. To act as liaison between Dodge and Viper owners. To provide an organization for club members to meet, socialize and maintain the spirit of good fellowship and to participate in activities including the use of their VIPER both regionally and as part of the VIPER Club of America (VCA).
  4. To actively pursue ways to participate in charitable events including car shows and via monetary donations from the club treasury.
  5. To further the interest of owners and drivers of the VIPER and to promote the safety and enjoyment of motoring in all phases.
  6. To operate within the scope of the law.
  7. The club shall be a non-profit organization.
  8. The club shall be non-sectarian and non-partisan

In short, please keep the street racing stories off the forums. We all have had such encounters (or we'd all be prius drivers ;) ), but the club's website isn't the place to brag about them.

Thanks.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it enough to KNOW what you are lucky enough to own? Must it be proved anywhere other than in a safe environment (i.e., a track)? I'm certainly not suggesting anyone is perfect, including my self. However, after every single time I have mistakenly chosen to "prove myself and my Viper" on the street, regardless of the rush, I ALWAYS realize just how completely STUPID it was a short time later.

Seriously, think about the "true value" of what you stand to gain and what you stand to loose.