Damaging some ego's maybe

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I get somewhat annoyed at the people who, on a dbl lane road will ride up real close and get in the middle of the divider to take a better look.

Then there's the ones that follow you home... Had this happen twice so far. Both mid-40s females. The one lived down the street from me at her parents house. She chased me up the driveway, cornered me as I was trying to get out... then proceded to tell me her life history, that she likes seafood, had an ex she called the "donor", etc etc... took a good 10 minutes to get rid of "Christy"... sigh. Funny thing is, I lived there for 3 years, but it wasn't until I bought the viper... heh.

The other one was just well.... creepy. I began carrying a Kahr CW45 with me shortly after that encounter.

I also carry a KAHR PM45. Love it --I own three Kahrs.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm an SRT-4 owner who's been lurking around the Viper Forums and I can relate to this. I get revved at by Hondas, Evos, Subarus, you name it. The fun definitely is to ignore them because then they get confused and upset you didn't bite.

My SRT-4 is STAGE III equipped and then some--typically I like to incinerate my tires while going down the road beside them at around 35 or so. That typically cools their jets when they see that ****!!:nono:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my Viper on Thursday night. Since then it's been an interesting experience. Most people have been really, really nice. Several folks have come up and asked if they could take pics of it. One guy just wanted to see one close up. Another guy wanted to see the interior. The funniest one was a kid in a rusted out white honda **** box with some weird muffler sticking out the back and a wing. He rev'd and whined and lurched like he was at Daytona or something. Cracked me up!

I personally feel that even after owning one less than a week that I have to be nice to people when I'm in it. I live in a community of about 100,000 people. It's way too small of a town to be arrogant or mean to someone and find the thing key'd to hell after leaving it alone for just a few minutes. People are way too eager to stick it to the "rich guy" when they're fighting to keep their jobs or even their homes.
Well said

I also live in a small city and its not hard to get a bad reputation as the "rich **** that is better than everyone."

I think most of you have understood what I said. I don't go around racing everyone that pulls up next to me. But if the person is admiring the car and wants to hear a rev, then I oblige. If you are ignoring everyone, then you are missing out on half the fun of owning these cars.
As Tony said, if you don't like the attention, don't drive a Viper.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you sure?
because this post is on the level of a 10yr old :rolleyes:

Just not you at 10. Hukt on fonix didn't seem to work out too well for you. :rolleyes:

There are two kinds of fools on the road with nice cars... the one that thinks they're above it all with their halo car and drives with their nose up in the air... and the other that thinks it's his obligation to be friends with the "commoners" by doing stupid and dangerous things.

Which fool are you?

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An acknowledging nod and maybe a smile or wave is all you're really obligated to. Anything else is just showboating and an invite to being Nick Hogan's cellmate.

Warfang Your right, 35 years of driving has shown me that everytime someone does something stupid or showboats they are going to have problems, just like Nick and many others have. Our cars are to powerful to have some kid lure us into making a big mistake. I personally will either ignore or give a quick thumbs up and look back on the road.

Where I live there is a lot of traffic and cops, Besides, where are we going in mild to moderate traffic anyway. :drive: When I was younger I did some crazy and stupid driving, but I have too much to lose now. :2tu:

VOI9 , Your last sentence says it all. Its called growing up.

OP
OP
V

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It wasn't my intention to create a rivalry between each other in our Viper community. Even the Moderator seems to be on the verge of name calling like some others in response to this post. :nono: I do give thumbs up to other nice cars on the road and wave/nod at them. I don't disrespect other cars b/c their anything other than a Viper. It's the people that feel that they need to ride up on my bumper and constantly provoke me to drive unsafe on the road in traffic that I choose to ignore. BTW, I was in the right lane on a 2 lane road doing 60 mph in a 55 mph zone when these particular individuals decided to make their way through traffic to get behind me. Not speeding, but not driving like a granny in the fast lane.
Can't we all just get along? :D
P.S. The funny thing is that my other car is a PRIUS!!!!
:eater::eater::eater::eater::eater::eater::eater:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
voi9: I knew what you were alluding to. Agreed to hit the 'ignore' when there are others egging us on. NOT worth it. What you said...:2tu: ~juli

OP
OP
V

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
voi9: I knew what you were alluding to. Agreed to hit the 'ignore' when there are others egging us on. NOT worth it. What you said...:2tu: ~juli
BIG THANKS JULI!!! :headbang: :2tu:
It does seem like the majority of the responses to this post understand what I meant! Although, there are some 10 y/o responses here! :2tu: :drive:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every situation is different.
Some people get a "hang loose" sign and a quick rev.
Some get ignored, if I don't feel the trust or the situation is not right.
Others get there doors blown off!
And once in a great long while, they even get the better of me, but I can only count twice and once was to another Viper.

FallenAngelHIM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SRT-4 is STAGE III equipped and then some--typically I like to incinerate my tires while going down the road beside them at around 35 or so. That typically cools their jets when they see that ****!!:nono:
Stock Turbo SRT-4 is enough for most street cars...that's just how awesome SRT Engineers are.

torque steer is fun! :D :2tu:
+1...:drive::omg:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get much attempted racing action. I think the parachute and rollbars discourage it. I usually get a little rev done to me and they laugh. Then give the thumbs up. I have yet to have a car be even close to the same class of car next to me.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every situation is different.
Some people get a "hang loose" sign and a quick rev.
Some get ignored, if I don't feel the trust or the situation is not right.
Others get there doors blown off!
And once in a great long while, they even get the better of me, but I can only count twice and once was to another Viper.

I think ultimately that's the most realistic, and common sense approach. But for some to pound their chest or try to play the high road is just silly.

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't had many people want to race my car. I beat a sport bike pretty good, but haven't had any other races yet. I usually don't ignore the people around me but I don't try to attract a lot of attention either. My car is graphite with dark tinted windows so it can be hard for someone in another car to even see me in it.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get much attempted racing action. I think the parachute and rollbars discourage it. I usually get a little rev done to me and they laugh. Then give the thumbs up. I have yet to have a car be even close to the same class of car next to me.
someone would have to be pretty confident in themselves to seriously want a part of that car :smirk:
your car is almost too fast to be a streetracer

you need to find a car/bike that will give you good run and get it on vid
that camaro was pathetic :lmao:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwood
I only jack with Prius's. I'm not sure why.

me too if it's a man driving the prius, (i hit the clutch, blip the go pedal and make the viper sing) it is like opposite ends of the car (& man) spectrum

:drive:

I do the same thing and I do know why! The Prius is the poster car of the Global Warming Crowd. In addition to that, 9 times out of 10, when there is slow traffic it is caused by some tree hugger driving a prius at the optimal MPG speed of 52.3 mph. They are totally oblivious to the traffic jam that they are creating because they are fixated on their carbon contribution. In other words, messing up what they do have an affect on chasing after something that they have no affect on.....

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I've had ****** rev their engines and lurch forward in bumper-to-bumper traffic, even in traffic while it's pouring rain outside, as if it would even be possible to race in those conditions. I don't even acknowledge their existence.

In moderate to light traffic, I might rev the engine or do a small burnout while already in motion just to show them they don't stand a chance, but I don't race under those conditions, as it puts the lives and property of the uninvolved at risk.

However...

Once in a while you get just the right conditions. Wide open road with only you and the other driver, and then yes, I street race. If only myself and the other driver are the ones risking their necks and cars, it passes my philosophical litmus test.

My outright best encounter was leaving Miami Beach one morning after a rather raucous night out with a girl I had met at a spa. We crashed at a hotel, but I had to be at work the next morning, so I left at about 7:00 A.M. I was at the light on 5th street, just before pulling onto McArthur Causeway, when a twin turbo 911 and a Boxter S pull up next to me. I don't know if they knew each other or it was just coincidence, but both revved their engines. There was absolutely no one on the westbound side of the causeway, so when the light turned green, it was on.

The Boxster was a dot in the rear view mirror within the first thirty seconds. The 911 did quite well, but was a few car lengths back by the time I hit 150 MPH. By this time, we were catching up on the traffic ahead of us, so I start to slow down. The dbag 911 of course then blows by me like he won.

Still, hands down the best street race I've ever had. Great way to start the morning :)

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone would have to be pretty confident in themselves to seriously want a part of that car :smirk:
your car is almost too fast to be a streetracer

you need to find a car/bike that will give you good run and get it on vid
that camaro was pathetic :lmao:

Finding a car to give a good run will require a TT lambo. Those guys aren't playing with their cars yet. I think most of them finish them, park them in the garage and show everyone their dyno sheet. I've offered any TT Lambo owner to drive to mexico, run street tire to street tire, 60-160, OWNER DRIVEN for 5k peso's :D. All I get is the sound of crickets.

I'm tired of all these TT lambo owners putting down the viper. It's like we're second rate children. Well, if their cars are so bad, I want to see it. I don't mind losing, but don't claim a win when you've never ran the car.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Boxster [snip] still, hands down the best street race I've ever had. Great way to start the morning :)

This was on a closed course and not a public road, right? :(

In accordance with the Club's purpose, the following policy is in effect for the VCA Website:

The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

FallenAngelHIM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've Had ****** Rev Their Engines And Lurch Forward In Bumper-to-bumper Traffic, Even In Traffic While It's Pouring Rain Outside, As If It Would Even Be Possible To Race In Those Conditions. I Don't Even Acknowledge Their Existence.

In Moderate To Light Traffic, I Might Rev The Engine Or Do A Small Burnout While Already In Motion Just To Show Them They Don't Stand A Chance, But I Don't Race Under Those Conditions, As It Puts The Lives And Property Of The Uninvolved At Risk.

However...

Once In A While You Get Just The Right Conditions. Wide Open Road With Only You And The Other Driver, And Then Yes, I Street Race. If Only Myself And The Other Driver Are The Ones Risking Their Necks And Cars, It Passes My Philosophical Litmus Test.

My Outright Best Encounter Was Leaving Miami Beach One Morning After A Rather Raucous Night Out With A Girl I Had Met At A Spa. We Crashed At A Hotel, But I Had To Be At Work The Next Morning, So I Left At About 7:00 A.m. I Was At The Light On 5th Street, Just Before Pulling Onto Mcarthur Causeway, When A Twin Turbo 911 And A Boxter S Pull Up Next To Me. I Don't Know If They Knew Each Other Or It Was Just Coincidence, But Both Revved Their Engines. There Was Absolutely No One On The Westbound Side Of The Causeway, So When The Light Turned Green, It Was On.

The Boxster Was A Dot In The Rear View Mirror Within The First Thirty Seconds. The 911 Did Quite Well, But Was A Few Car Lengths Back By The Time I Hit 150 Mph. By This Time, We Were Catching Up On The Traffic Ahead Of Us, So I Start To Slow Down. The Dbag 911 Of Course Then Blows By Me Like He Won.

Still, Hands Down The Best Street Race I've Ever Had. Great Way To Start The Morning :)

What The Hell Was The Boxster Thinking!?!?!?!

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Females have always thrown themselves on me with reckless abandon.

............just thought I would add this tidbit of contribution to the thread.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or he didn't want to slow down and see you laughing at him...

...weather it's the part about being a dbag or the part about being in denial that they lost, or both...I believe, are terminal conditions with Porsche owners...

Personally I think it's because their pants and shirts are 8 sizes too small and it's cutting off circulation - or it's the massive quantity of hair care products applied daily that have skewed their thought process....

Who knows.

The dbag 911 of course then blows by me like he won.

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving around I've only gotten two nods at a race. One was with an 1100 GSXR superbike or something like that. Cleaned his clock. All he did was wheelies trying to keep up.

The other was with a supercharged Mustang. He was fast....I only wound up with a cars lenght ahead of him.

Seems to me the Viper is about two things: Showboating and driving excitement.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
...weather it's the part about being a dbag or the part about being in denial that they lost, or both...I believe, are terminal conditions with Porsche owners...

By a huge margin, Porsche 911 owners are the most likely to want to street race. They comprise probably 35%-40% of the challenges I receive on the road, and unless it's a TT (most aren't) they REALLY aren't that fast. The TT's are serious business, but the vanilla Porsche 911 is just kinda meh.

Mustangs are probably the second most common challenger, but only the ones with worked engines. The stock Mustangs never even try.

Vettes, oddly, almost never want to engage. Had one spirited run with a Z06 a few years back, but the driver was really cool about it, smiling and giving thumbs up signs before and after the race.

BMW M-series and assorted ricer/domestic 4-****** sh!tboxes round out the pack.

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ignored this guy in a late model Camaro the other day going to work. The high splits to the "fast lane" and local lanes. I had passed him probably 5 miles back, but just with flowing traffic. His lady was with him and I think she was asking him about my car or something as she made a jester towards me. So as I split to take the local, he gassed it, went around all the traffic, cut through the median and into the local lanes from the beginning of the express lanes. All this to say he passed me. I laughed and cruised on.....