OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan
Just wondering any updates on this?

Sorry guys, I have been up to my eyeballs with other things. I will get to this as soon as I can, but I am SLAMMED for a couple more weeks until I get some things done and out. I will try to get the website set up ASAP, but I will not be shipping orders for at least a couple weeks. I need to consolidate these as best I can or the shipping will kill the idea, and I have no idea what the stock situation will need to be until I see some orders hit the system.

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So if you don't remove the steering wheel what tools do you need?

I like both white/blue and blue/white

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you don't remove the steering wheel what tools do you need?

I like both white/blue and blue/white

Basic hand tools - all the normal stuff to remove the shifter console and the radio/HVAC trim piece (screw driver, allen wrenches, wrenches to remove shifter handle), plus a few sockets (15mm and 13mm deep take care of most things). Removing the front seat makes things much easier, and you have to drop the steering column...it's just two nuts on either side of it that lets it hang down pretty low. Once you have that stuff done, I pulled the dash trim out starting over by the radio and working my way around to the driver's side door. It is mostly held in place by clips. Once you have it out, the gauge cluster is just a few screws away from being out of the car.

Before you put the trim back in, test everything to make sure all the bulbs are in there correctly...LEDs are polarized, so they'll only work one way. If it doesn't light, just turn it around 180* and try again.

Time consuming, and a bit of a pucker factor when pulling on the dash trim hoping that nothing breaks, but it really isn't too bad. Took me about 2-3 hours, and I work SLOW.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basic hand tools - all the normal stuff to remove the shifter console and the radio/HVAC trim piece (screw driver, allen wrenches, wrenches to remove shifter handle), plus a few sockets (15mm and 13mm deep take care of most things). Removing the front seat makes things much easier, and you have to drop the steering column...it's just two nuts on either side of it that lets it hang down pretty low. Once you have that stuff done, I pulled the dash trim out starting over by the radio and working my way around to the driver's side door. It is mostly held in place by clips. Once you have it out, the gauge cluster is just a few screws away from being out of the car.

Before you put the trim back in, test everything to make sure all the bulbs are in there correctly...LEDs are polarized, so they'll only work one way. If it doesn't light, just turn it around 180* and try again.

Time consuming, and a bit of a pucker factor when pulling on the dash trim hoping that nothing breaks, but it really isn't too bad. Took me about 2-3 hours, and I work SLOW.

Thanks for the tips - all the clips make me worry about breakage, which has happened before in other cars. There always seems to be one 'magic fastener' that you never can find or understand until it breaks. I think I will make this a winter project. Something easy to do and I can take my time gathering the bulbs, or seeing what Dan has to offer as a package.

Derek

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you looking for for the tail lights? I just replaced all the bulbs with LEDs today successfully, but they don't look any different than stock (except for being a little more red and lighting up instantly like the third brake light does). Are you thinking of something that looks more like the Gen V?

I just ordered a few tail light LEDs. I agree it won't look much different, so I only ordered the ones that blink so that they match the LED high mount stop light with the instant on / off. So it was just the dual intensity red bulb for brakes, and a amber LED for the blinker. Also got two for the license plate, which I will also test fit into the interior map lights to see how they look. I'll test fit the ambers into the front as well and see if I want to order.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might end up with issues associated with the flasher when you do the turn signal bulbs, so please let us know how it goes. Load based flashers don't like LEDs in the turn signals, but I don't know enough about the stock flashers to know for sure.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might end up with issues associated with the flasher when you do the turn signal bulbs, so please let us know how it goes. Load based flashers don't like LEDs in the turn signals, but I don't know enough about the stock flashers to know for sure.

Yes, I am aware that may happen. In the past, these bulbs I get seem to have a built in load to prevent that. But they sell the 'load-simulators' if needed. I just bought a few bulbs and will test this out. It will work out one way or another.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certainly let us know how it goes and what you end up needing to do to make it all work...the turn signals are about the only bulbs left that aren't LEDs, besides the head and fog lights.