Davis Radiators - have one?

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are referring to Ron Davis, their shop is right down the street from me here in Arizona. They build mostly lightweight aluminum racing radiators and do custom jobs for people. I have one of his older radiators in another vehicle but didn't even know he had a Viper 2-core. I DO know that he does not repair radiators, even his own. Most racers just replace them, he told me, and I guess they aren't set up for repairs. I have known Ron for years, and he is reliable to do business with, but I have no experience with his products in a Viper. I thought most guys go with the Fluidyne. pete the ex glass guy

Tom Glenn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin, I run the Ron Davis 2 core in our "Arrive & Drive" Vipers at Viper Days events. These cars run 8 sessions per day without overheating. Home for our Vipers is Phoenix and they do not overheat. The 2 core is a perfect fit replacement. We also run the newer fan module and speed bleeders.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

I guess I am trying to determine if I would be better served by a Fluidyne 3 core....

Regards,

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone out there have a Davis 2 core Aluminum Radiator on their Snake?

I am looking for some feedback - both installation and effectiveness.

Thanks!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Martin,
I had a Ron Davis 2 core alum installed by HMS along with my 650R package. It installs without any modifications and fits perfectly. Water temp never exceeds 190 even at triple digits. Don't know about the Fluidyne 3 core other than reading some posts about install/fit problems. Good luck.

OP
OP
R

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK.....for everybody's sake, and just because I'd like to know myself, I'm going to call Davis today and talk to Ron about his Viper replacement radiator and post what he tells me so everybody will know first hand what he has. Stay tuned. pete the ex glass guy out here in Arizona

OP
OP
R

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK>>just spoke with Davis Radiator here in Glendale, Arizona about his Viper radiators. They DO have a 2-core alum. job for both the GEN 1 and GEN 2 cars. He spoke with Doug Levin today about the install and I would like to defer that to Doug himself if he will kindly comment on that or add anything he would like to say. Better to hear it from somebody who does it. Davis did give me a price, but I would rather not give it out in case others are selling, etc. and I don't want to get in the middle on that. Their number is 623-877-5000 and you can get "Tim" by pressing 3. Hope this helps. pete the ex glass guy
PS>>he said they usually have these in stock.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red98GTS:
OK&gt;&gt;just spoke with Davis Radiator here in Glendale, Arizona about his Viper radiators. They DO have a 2-core alum. job for both the GEN 1 and GEN 2 cars. He spoke with Doug Levin today about the install and I would like to defer that to Doug himself if he will kindly comment on that or add anything he would like to say. Better to hear it from somebody who does it. Davis did give me a price, but I would rather not give it out in case others are selling, etc. and I don't want to get in the middle on that. Their number is 623-877-5000 and you can get "Tim" by pressing 3. Hope this helps. pete the ex glass guy
PS&gt;&gt;he said they usually have these in stock.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hello All -

In our quest to provide superior parts for our snakes I've found Ron Davis Radiators superior in quality and construction. They will fit (most) model year Vipers for their intended purpose. Although, they are advertised to fit the Viper you own, you must be certain you haven't upgraded your pre-'98 with the newer '99 fan module (electric fan). The '99 fan module does not provide adequate clearance when bolted against the Davis radiator without slight modification, but NO biggie! Simply purchase some aluminum flat bar at your local hardware store (1/4 x 1" or 3/8 x 1") and use it to offset (space) the fan away from the radiator. After speaking with Mr. Crosby (Timothy Crosby) I am confident they will provide you with the slight retrofit required to adapt to the '99 fan module to their radiator in the very near future. The radiator is a drop-in unit and fits perfect. No other modifications are required.

Here are some specs on the Davis Radiator for your Viper:

- 100% Vacuum brazed core
- 2 rows of 1" tubes
- 18 fins per inch
- parts cut with CNC Water Jet. Tolerances within + or - .003"
- Heli-arc welded tanks

Regards,
Doug Levin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member