Daytime running lights mod

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure if it's a law in all provinces in Canada, Chuck 98 RT/10, but I just bought a Gen 1 and had to have it inspected here in BC and was required to have installed the DRL in order to insure it. I just got the actual kit and had the tech disabled it (and showed me how). I think RTTTTed's way is a much better way (and less costly) to go than what I did!

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would "fuse " the wire so when it over heats and melts it doesn't burn the car to the ground,Which it will that with that little gauge wire cannot handle the load, hence is why they
" the Factory " uses relays... Good luck

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would "fuse " the wire so when it over heats and melts it doesn't burn the car to the ground,Which it will that with that little gauge wire cannot handle the load, hence is why they
" the Factory " uses relays... Good luck

I wired the relay, not the lights themselves so now worries. I wouldn't recommend wiring direct to the light circuit.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess in Canada it's a law? Otherwise my question is, why?

The law is a Federal one.

The Insurance Lobbyists showed the Gov that DRL prevent accidents and the Gov. in all it's wisdom decided to protect everyone from the people that are driving while blind. It's just our money. I wonder if the Government are just "having control issues"? Trying to prove that they BOSS everyone, like they did with Gun Controls and medical controls/laws? GST and recently HST?

Ted

Last edited:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The law is a Federal one.

The Insurance Lobbyists showed the Gov that DRL prevent accidents and the Gov. in all it's wisdom decided to protect everyone from the people that are driving while blind. It's just our money. I wonder if the Government are just "having control issues"? Trying to prove that they BOSS everyone, like they did with Gun Controls and medical controls/laws? GST and recently HST?

Ted

So out of the gazillion miles traveled every year one accident occurred from which daytime lights might have prevented and now millions of dollars must be spent to prevent the possibility of it happening again. What a bunch of candyazzes this world has become.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sign of Gov. collapse I think. I have to be certified to drive a low powered small boat - but you don't.

Reason for certification is because some drunk kid ran over a swimmer with a jet ski and killed him during a party ... ??????? Wasting $50 and writing some stupid test (and carrying a boat certificate) is going to prevent anything? Maybe it'll stop kids from drinking? Shows the lack of intelligence in high positions.

I'm guessing that it's become all about money for them? Taxes have become insane so all the other garbage (that costs money) must be all about taking away your/my money.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456