DB9 Aston Vs. SRT 10

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious how would an SRT 10 w/Corsa Track exhaust and green filters do against an Aston Martin DB9? The zero-to-sixty on the DB9 is one whole second less than the Viper from different sites I've seen.

Thanks.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NK BREKR said:"The zero-to-sixty on the DB9 is one whole second less than the Viper from different sites I've seen."

On what sites did you see this blatantly false data? The DB9 weighs 3769 ponds. The weight of an SRT 10 coupe with stock wheels is 3410 pounds. The DB9 has 450 HP and 420 pounds of torque. The Viper coupe has 510 HP and 535 foot pounds of torque. Except for HP,the statistics for the Vanquish are not better than the DB9. They are worse than the DB9. A Vanquish weighs 4045 pounds; has 460 HP and 400 foot pounds of torque. None of the Aston Martin vehicles currently offered come close to Viper performance other than alleged top speed performance which I, for one, would have to see to believe based on the weight and engine output stats for the Aston martin vehicles. The Aston Martin vehicles are not streetable race vehicles. They are luxury high performance coupes for more nanny tech oriented people with deep pockets. They are very attractive vehicles but not in the Viper performance league.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobpentax is absolutely correct. These are different automobiles entirely. I must say, however, that the Aston has one of the best interiors and build quality out of any automobile in the world. They are stunning.

In two years, be careful about racing new Astons. Jaguar is working on a new XKR model along with a high performance XKR-R model. Aston is the top dog for Ford. Their performance will get a significant jump to stay ahead of the Jag. For now, you have them covered. Aston has a heritage that is unique among automobiles. They should be going head to head with Ferrari as they used to. With the increased revenue they have, it appears that they are making strides in that direction.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran against a DB9/Vanquish. From a stop light, and he seemed uninterested and after I shifted into 2nd at about 2k he comes flying by me. Not wanting to drop it back down to 1st, I jump on it and reeled him in pretty quick. As I got right up next to him I went to hit 3rd and hit the gate:-( By then we were out of open road. I gladly go up against any Aston Martin. No contest. IMO

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperBaz UK commented about the DB9R. Based on the following data, what is your point? The DB9R is a very limited production model that bears little INTERNAL and weight resemblance to the street car. I believe that only about twelve were made.

"The DBR9 GT racing car is based on the latest Aston Martin production sports car - the DB9 - but is significantly modified for competition use. The DB9’s bonded-aluminium body architecture is shared with the DBR9 and provides both with a lightweight rigid chassis. The race engine uses the same aluminium cylinder block and head as the DB9’s 450bhp 6-litre V12 unit, but with racing modification it is expected to produce in the region of 600bhp.

The DB9’s double wishbone suspension configuration is retained on the DBR9, but features up-rated components and a revised geometry for racing purposes. Formula One style carbon brakes are fitted front and rear and a competition, six-speed sequential gearbox is mounted at the rear axle.

The DBR9 was styled by Aston Martin Racing’s own design team who made extensive use of Computational Fluid Dynamics to optimise the aerodynamics before producing the final body surface. The panels are HAND MADE from carbon-fibre composite, helping the car to meet its 1,100kg minimum weight and giving it a power to weight ratio of 550bhp per tonne - more than double that of the road car

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing ment by it just saying it was wining its class at LE-MANS (C6R now)...
Would rather my Viper anyday Well maybe a vanquish

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Aston Martin is in a completely different vehicle class. You're not comparing apples with apples...comparing 2 seater with an ultra-luxury 2+2 for one thing.

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper should take a Aston DB9 WITHOUT A PROBLEM but a Vanquish is a different story but even then the Viper should pull away.

FYI...the DB9 and Vanquish are very close together in the 1/4 mile. The Vanquish comes on stronger in the mid range. Even the Vanquish and Vanquish S are close in the 1/4. The S runs away in mid to top range. But, just about any modded Viper should be ahead of the Aston up to 100 or so...then prepare to view some Aston tailights. Just not talking apples to apples here.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think im quailfied to answer this question since I have both...

6651100_10481-med.JPG

The Viper is ALOT faster to 60 but the DB9 is not a slouch by any means. The funny thing is the DB9 sounds ALOT better than the viper to 60 which kind of makes it just as fun.

OP
OP
N

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your figures are backwards. The Viper has the Aston by a full second.
Aston 0-62 = 4.9
Viper 0-62 = 3.9

You're absolutely right Paul, I did have my figures backwards, but you would be able to tell by my confusion what I meant.

The reason I posted the question is that I've had 3 different DB9's trying to go up against me, but I was ignorant as to the power and performance of the DB9's.

Greg, That is one sweet setup you have love all the cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang