DC reflash- yes again

Tranzow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thinking of getting the reflash with a new controller. I have no mods on my 05, and not planning any. Anyone have the reflash with no other mods, and do you feel it's worth the $900? If so, what improvements do you see or feel?

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search and you should find plenty of info; I'm not up to rehashing all of it for you but I will tell you it's worth it. See my signature. The main improvement is in the overall feel of the car in terms of drivablility, particularly in the midrange.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well worth it. But i have mods and my car was VERY rich from factory. On dyno, airfuel was terrible compared to my buddies SRT. So it made good sense for me to do. You may see big improvement or minor,but I wouldnt hesitate to do it again.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thinking of getting the reflash with a new controller. I have no mods on my 05, and not planning any. Anyone have the reflash with no other mods, and do you feel it's worth the $900? If so, what improvements do you see or feel?

BENEFITS OF HAVING YOUR ECM REPROGRAMMED AFTER ALL YOUR MODS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED

This DC Performance ECM Upgrade is a plug and play mod. We had a custom program made for our highly modified test mule ( Viper ), and put it in a new ECM so we could retain the old one for EMISSION TESTING and FOR WHEN YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOU VIPER INTO THE DEALER FOR WORK TO BE DONE. This is very important as the dealer has a bad habit of downloading any new updates into your car when it is in for service. If the dealer does this will overwrite the custom program. All you need to do is spend 10 minutes swapping the ECM's over when the car is cold. The one thing you need to do before installing this upgrade program is to install a new 180 degree thermostat as the upgrade reprograms the temperature so that the fan comes on at a lower temperature and make it cycle longer. It is also very important to specify what gasoline octane is available in your area as this is also entered into the program.

The car runs much smoother.
The car run quieter.
The engine temp on a 90 degree day never gets above 185.
The oil temp on a 90 degree day never gets above 200 even with the A/C running.
The car is a hole lot cooler when the A/C is running as the engine coolant is cooler making the engine run cooler therefore you get cooler inside the car.
The car no longer has any popping when you let off on the gas.
The car has a very smooth acceleration right to red line and is much smoother and sounds better than the stock ECM.
I have found that my fuel mileage has increased a little bit to.
The car has a lot more jump to it when cruising and flooring the gas. Same holds true for mid range accelerations.
We find that now you can drive in 5th gear or 6th gear the car really pulls when passing a slower car.

I would recommend this modification to as you get a side benefit of have your A/C controlled by the ECM. With the Mopar Performance Module there is no provision for the A/C. You will see the same benifits with an unmodified engine less the hp and torque gains.

Robbie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine