Decel popping, SCT Tuner??

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that it is not possible to cause the injectors to close down fast enough on decel so that the amount of excess fuel is reduced and there is little or none to be burnt up in the exhaust. When I had my 8lb Roe unit on my 1999 GTS, Sean Roe, who installed the system, reduced the popping a little but could not eliminate it. I think that it's the same issue on my supercharged '06. But, as I said above, I like it and use neutral to eliminate it when I come home at night. I think that popping on decel is not uncommon among exotics and a supercharged Viper certainly qualifies as an exotic.

dans69ss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that it is not possible to cause the injectors to close down fast enough on decel so that the amount of excess fuel is reduced and there is little or none to be burnt up in the exhaust. When I had my 8lb Roe unit on my 1999 GTS, Sean Roe, who installed the system, reduced the popping a little but could not eliminate it. I think that it's the same issue on my supercharged '06. But, as I said above, I like it and use neutral to eliminate it when I come home at night. I think that popping on decel is not uncommon among exotics and a supercharged Viper certainly qualifies as an exotic.

I tend to agree because I too have used neutralwhiles coasting to a stop and the popping is very minimal if any.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good point Bob. It is very evident when logging that when you get off of it, the A/F goes rich for a second or so before leaning out. Result, pop pop pop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302