Decided to sell my 01 GTS and ...

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to say, Thanks to all! This board has been a wealth of knowledge and entertainment.

Also, does anyone have any advise for selling? Like where is the best place, what forms of payment to accept or any other words of wisdom?

If anyone is interested, I have posted a classified on this site or you can go to http://members.cox.net/2001vipergts/

Gozer

OP
OP
G

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks J.

I suppose your right, but it still took me a long time to finally put the Viper up for sale :(

I just hope she ends up in a good home.

Gozer

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wait till the ****** start knockin on your door wanting to steal the car. Gutter bugs the lot of em'.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wait till the ****** start knockin on your door wanting to steal the car. Gutter bugs the lot of em'.

You hit the nail on the head. The same folks who think their Vipers should bring top dollar :)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thats too bad...

Where's the love? :)

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct about the many calls to steal the Viper at bottom dollar, hold out.
Some of the same ones that offer you a song and dance want to buy low and resale.
Hold out as long as possible, try DuPont
good luck
rohn

OP
OP
G

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice, I expect the low-ball offers. Fortunately, I'm in no big hurry to sell.

jkracer, DuPont is a great idea, I'll probably do that tonight.

For those of you who have sold, did you let prospective buyers test drive the car?

Take Care,

Ken

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those of you who have sold, did you let prospective buyers test drive the car?

Take Care,

Ken

[/QUOTE]

Ken If they want the car,they know the car thus no one needs a test drive. When I went looking for my GTS the only thing I needed to do was sit in it to make sure I fit. After that a Inspection was done and a wire transfer was implemented... Good Luck
Rob

C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for GTS and I would either ask for a test drive or at the very least ask the owner to take me for a ride in the car to make sure it drives as it should.

OP
OP
G

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought this car new, I couldnt find any dealer that would let me test drive, so I rented a 97 GTS for the day and was hooked.

I would have no problem taking prospective buyer for a ride.

The problems I have with test drives are:

1. Will they drive it properly? (Not Wreck it)

2. Do they just want to drive a Viper?

I've only let 3 other people drive my Viper (one was my Viper tech). My wife hasnt even driven it. I guess I'm a little protective.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nobody test drives my car or the wife. Well, the wife maybe, but the car never. I'd offer them a ride and if that was not good enough, then they could look elsewhere for another car.

OP
OP
G

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, Good Point, no test drives, but I'll take them for a ride.

Vic, I'm hurt, you know I love the Viper. Are you going to Viperdays at Thunderhill? If so, I'll take you for a ride in the Radical. Then you'll understand.

Ken

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'll be at Thunderhill, but why do the Radicals hang with Viperdays?

Anyway, I'm just ribbing ya, I know they are a blast. "We" are thinking about getting one also, but I'm gonna look around, maybe Stohr? No hurry anyway...

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken, when do I get my ride in the Radical? Don't make me take the GoodYear slicks to Thunder Hill and give you Viperitis! (Viperitis=being chased by a Viper, thus driving in your mirrors, thus going off track)See at T-Hill

OP
OP
G

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do we hang out with Viperdays? Where to I begin?

Let's see:

Skip, Courtney and Tracy. Great drivers, instructors and friends. Great events. Great competition (not that any of us are competative). It's where I began driving. It's like coming home. See, now I'm all misty. Damn!

But seriously, Viperdays is the best!

Jonathan, we will take the Radical out at T-Hill. The last thing I want to see is your Viper in my mirrors!

Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4