*DELETED*

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: The Viper is a waste of money.

First off, I can go buy a vette for only 52k with every single option. A maxed out Viper would cost over 90k. So, with that 38k I have left over, I can add some simple bolt on's, and easly get over 500hp, and get a car that can easly beat out the viper.

Next off, the new vette's interior, verses the Viper. I drove the new viper once and hated the seats. they have almost no support, and are hard as rock. It is extreamly loud, and unpleasent. As for the vette, it is nice and quited, yet can be loud. Yet the seats are nice, and everything is nicely layed out.

Finally, the Vipers proformance numbers. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds with a v-10? Yet the Vette with the new LS2 can hit it in 4.2, and with a blower, it can easly do 3.8, and maybe even a 3.6-3.7. I will still be under the 80k base price when I do this. And in 2006, with the new Z06 vette, it is said that it can hit 60 in 3.8 seconds. I will still have about 30k to spend on upgrades.

So, all in all, the Viper is a bad car. They sell you more than you get, and it just isn't worth the money.

Oh, and one other thing. The warranty. With the viper, it clearly says in more words that if you do a burn out, or go racing, you have voided the warrenty. In the vette's case, you have the same problem, yet I wouldn't mind not having a warrenty for a car only costing 50k instead of 80k.

And once you do those aforementioned mods, what kind of warranty will you have on your Vette? :rolleyes:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ah, so fun when teenagers get the urge to post... :rolleyes:

The Corvette is an awesome car. Flawless for those that want a mass-produced, pampered ride that you can see two dozen times a day. Definitely one of the best bangs for the buck, with the C6 Z06 promising even more. Here, let me take a stab at this:

THE FERRARI ENZO IS A PIECE OF CRAP

First off, I can go buy a viper for only 85k with every single option. A maxed out Enzo would cost over 643k. So, with that 558k I have left over, I can add some simple bolt on's, and easly get over 660hp, and get a car that can easly beat out the enzo. Oh yeah, and buy a nice house too.

Next off, the new viper's interior, verses the Enzo. I drove the new enzo once on Playstation 2 and hated the seats. I wish my mom would take the plastic covers off. they have almost no support, and are hard as rock. It is extreamly loud, and unpleasent. You know, like an F1 car at speed - yuck. I would prefer a 1984 cadillac with cotton balls in my ears. As for the viper, it is nice and quited (yes, I can make up words if I want to), yet can be loud just like any other car on the road. Yet the seats are nice, and everything is nicely layed out.

Finally, the enzos proformance numbers. 0-60 in 3.3 seconds with a v-12? Yet the Viper with the new V-10 can hit it in 3.8, and with a blower, it can easly do 3.3, and maybe even a 2.9 with slicks. I will still be under the 643k base price when I do this. And in 2006, with the new SRT Coupe, it is said that it can hit 60 in 3.5 seconds. I will still have about 558k to spend on upgrades and a vacation home.

So, all in all, the Enzo is a bad car. They sell you more than you get, and it just isn't worth the money.

Oh, and one other thing. The warranty. With the enzo, it clearly says in more words that if you do a burn out, or go racing, you have voided the warrenty. In the viper's case, you have the same problem, yet I wouldn't mind not having a warrenty for a car only costing 85k instead of 643k.

Wow, now it all makes perfect sense! Who, in their right mind, would EVER buy an Enzo with such a powerful argument? Ain't I the smarty!

Black Mamba 149

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just couldn't resist the temptation to reply.
I had a 1998 corvette PaceCar that had less than 10K miles on it, had an MTI 422 stroker in it and over 500RWHP. It was loud and proud I thought, that is until I rented a SRT-10 in Vegas. I also got a close up view of the new C6 while in Vegas. Two points, a 50K vette with 30K in upgrades is still JUST a Corvette. Secondly, whenever I would take my PaceCar to shows it got a lot of attention, that is until the GTS, ACR and SRT-10 would show up. Side by side the Viper is to the Vette as a Vette is to a Mustang, pure bred to a poser. By the way I hope to have a SRT-10 by February, I love the White Mamba, but some of the members silver ones with the black effects on the side are awesome. Can't believe my first post was for this idiot.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Epro, in other words what you are really saying is that with the 96 month interest free financing Chevy is offering the Vette, you can actually afford to buy one, while Dodge isnt catering to the trailer park customers as well.

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Epro's profile:

Hobbies Dreaming about vipers
Location Nova Scotia, Canada
Bio -15 year old who is obsessed with vipers
-Getting license in a few months
-I see vipers, and go freakin crazy
-I want a career that will get me a dodge viper
-Was pro:chevy his entire life untill he met the viper

Why the hell are you bashing it?!

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actaully, I am not really Epro. I play a game with him, and I am currently using his account to post. I am really 24, and I don't own a vette my self. I do own a 1970 Dogde charger and dropped a 427 in it as I don't like the hemi, and a 32' roadster. However, I have drivin the new Vette, and the Viper. Personally I do not think the Viper is that great. Sure, it is cheaper than a Ferrari, yet it is still considered a mass produced car such as the Vette. That is why you can compair them. If you really wanted to stand out, then why not buy a custom made car? The fact is, for the amount of money you would spend on a viper, you could easly make a vette better, and make it custom with a nice paint job.

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My first reaction was the same as Racecars - WHY are you telling us this??????? IF you don't like the viper, don't buy one.

You are entitled to your opinion, but why in the world would you decide to post this on a board frequented by viper OWNERS?

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just because I was talking to Epro, and I felt like telling my 2 cents. So he gave me this site, and I was to lazy to make my own account, so I just used his for the time being. I have driven, and rode in vipers before, and I really don't like them.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

First off, I can go buy a vette for only 52k with every single option. A maxed out Viper would cost over 90k (okay, what options does the Viper have that cost anything???). So, with that 38k I have left over, I can add some simple bolt on's, and easly get over 500hp, and get a car that can easly beat out the viper.

Next off, the new vette's interior, verses (I realize you are only 15 but please try to study your dictionary)the Viper. I drove the new viper once and hated the seats (at 15 someone let you drive a new SRT-10. Yeah, right!) they have almost no support (you must be kidding. The SRT seats are very supportive unless you are a squirmy little kid), and are hard as rock. It is extreamly loud, and unpleasent (definitely not loud stock. We pay good money to make it sound better). As for the vette, it is nice and quited (hope you mean quilted, otherwise you are having the vettes quit before they even start), yet can be loud. Yet the seats are nice, and everything is nicely layed out.

Finally, the Vipers proformance (proforma - I agree as the vette is all talk) numbers. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds with a v-10? Yet the Vette with the new LS2 can hit it in 4.2, and with a blower, it can easly do 3.8, and maybe even a 3.6-3.7. I will still be under the 80k base price when I do this. And in 2006, with the new Z06 vette, it is said that it can hit 60 in 3.8 seconds. I will still have about 30k to spend on upgrades.

So, all in all, the Viper is a bad car. They sell you more than you get, and it just isn't worth the money. (Not sure what you mean with they sell you more than you get. Sounds like an oxymoron)

Oh, and one other thing. The warranty. With the viper, it clearly says in more words that if you do a burn out, or go racing, you have voided the warrenty (obviously you have not read the Viper warranty as it says no such thing. I would bet the language in the SRT warranty is similar to that in all of the others, except it includes 7/70 for powertrain. How long is that vette warranty???). In the vette's case, you have the same problem, yet I wouldn't mind not having a warrenty for a car only costing 50k instead of 80k.

All in all this was no more than an uneducated rant from a minor that has yet to reach the driving age. Why don't you wait until you have an education, a career and some common sense regarding sports cars. Then, in 2025, you will have the basis for assertions such as you stated.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So did you install a FORD or CHEVROLET 427 into that 1970 Dodge??? Sounds like another story.

Mass produced yes. If you consider less than 2000 a year mass produced. However, I do not believe most people would consider 2000 a year mass produced.

You can play your games and claim anything you want. However, both your arguments and diction indicate you are the 15 year old.

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really love when people talk about cars that don't exist and are not definite, as if they are a given: "And in 2006, with the new Z06 vette, it is said that it can hit 60 in 3.8 seconds"

It is also said that there is a large green monster lurking in Locknes (or however you spell it), I swear. There is also an apelike man that walks around forest in the US and Canada.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

waiting for xxxblack comments on this. CHRIS PERFECT!!!!!

Reaction score

Now why did this young person, so lost in the ways of the "car world" go and delete his post? Posing as Epro? Hmmmm, should I fix that.....or should I let you have more rope? LOL!! Not to worry....if ANYONE ever misses something this lost and confused person writes.....I have a copy right here at home. :) By the way...I'd have to bet he dropped the Chevy 427 in his Dodge. I am sure he has no clue. LOL!!!

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

just saw an ad during the Olympics for the C6.
It looks like 2 13 year old kids are driving them doing stunts. I think they finally found an honest ad campaign....let the children drive the Corvette and let the adults drive the Vipers.

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, for real... Registration takes way to long, So I lent him my account... I love vipers to death!

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Y2K3SRT was funny, LMAO :2tu:

I was at a car show Friday, parked right next to a vette. Needless to say, everyone was interested in the SRT-10. Some kids around 10 - 15 of age went nuts. It felt great!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Why would anyone buy a Vette, when you can take a Yugo, and strap a rocket to its back. It will beat the Vette in the 1/4 mile, and with all the money saved by not buying the Vette, you can buy some cool rims. Adults are sure stupid!