Delivery Status of SRT

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received notice (from the dealer) that the car is in "D" status (and serial number)with a delivery date for mid August - Color Red. He has not receive any pricing for any of the 03 cars or trucks.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bsflag[1].gif

They are not in the system yet!
crying.gif

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper HQ told me VINs had been assigned to certificate holders, but build order and dates are not yet decided. No way will any be delivered in August; production is not schedlued to begin until September. Frankly, I'll wait until 2003 when CAAP has several under their belts, the bugs worked out, and luxury tax is gone.

You can have the first one off the line.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kverges:
Viper HQ told me VINs had been assigned to certificate holders, but build order and dates are not yet decided. No way will any be delivered in August; production is not schedlued to begin until September. Frankly, I'll wait until 2003 when CAAP has several under their belts, the bugs worked out, and luxury tax is gone.

You can have the first one off the line.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can have all of them off the line!
laugh.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric:
I just received notice (from the dealer) that the car is in "D" status (and serial number)with a delivery date for mid August - Color Red. He has not receive any pricing for any of the 03 cars or trucks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric what is the name of the dealer?

How did you get your certificate?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eric;

That's great news to hear! I am calling my dealer to see if my SRT is in "D" with a VIN.

No price yet available, unfortunately.

Jim

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I saw some VCA regions planning a trip for the end of the month to see the last Gen II's being built. then it was going to take a month or two to switch the line over.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, members from 4 Regions of the Southwest Zone are visiting CAAP next Friday, June 28th. We will be the last tour through the plant until sometime in September. They are closed to outsiders during the conversion period to finish up the Gen II's and start the new ones.

As disclosed previously by others, no new 2003 SRT-10's are likely to leave the factory until at least mid to late October.

OP
OP
E

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great club made up of and equal amount of optimist and pessimist with the latter having the greater ability to express their negative attitude and BS thoughts. I posted what the dealer reported for anyone that was interested to check with their dealer to see what the status was for their order. I could care less if the Wizard or Lizard has any confidence in the posting, that’s why I don’t post very often

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ERIC. If you want to share info, back it up in your follow up posts. You were asked which dealer gave you this 'unexpected and wonderful' information. You chose not to answer a simple question and instead posted an "I'M NOT CONCERNED WITH WHAT YOU THINK" thread. Again, which dealer gave you this info? If it came from Woodhouse, Bill P. I will break out the champagne tonight! If it came from the other dealer I USED to do business with, I know from whence the BS flowed....

Dtibs2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again "Closed Minds should also come with Closed Mouths"
Hate to tell you guys, But Eric is RIGHT!! I have a friend who has a VON# and last eight of his VIN# and his car is in D1. No one said the cars are being made "next week" !! And the Wizard might want to turn in his crystal ball for a new one. LOL

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric:
This is a great club made up of and equal amount of optimist and pessimist with the latter having the greater ability to express their negative attitude and BS thoughts. I posted what the dealer reported for anyone that was interested to check with their dealer to see what the status was for their order. I could care less if the Wizard or Lizard has any confidence in the posting, that’s why I don’t post very often

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric, did you miss my question asking what dealership told you this?

If you didn't then why the big secret?

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dtibs2:
Again "Closed Minds should also come with Closed Mouths"
Hate to tell you guys, But Eric is RIGHT!! I have a friend who has a VON# and last eight of his VIN# and his car is in D1. No one said the cars are being made "next week" !! And the Wizard might want to turn in his crystal ball for a new one. LOL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may want to check out Bill Pemberton's post here:
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/012379.html

Incase you don't know VOI is at the end of SEPTEMBER.
bounce.gif

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take the Wizard's information over " a friend of mine has his vin and the car is in D1" every time. "And the attitude you recieve is in direct relation to the attitude you give"

So like Michael asked, which dealer is giving this information?

Flame suite on!

2Charmed

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, I put a blurb on the RT-10/GTS forum, and I should of posted it here. The Wizard is saying that no names are given to the VINs and VONs ( vehicle order number ) that are listed on the daily Chrysler computer sheet. He is absolutely correct, and if a dealer had only one or two listed , he might be able to guess that he has one being built for a specific customer. Some cars are showing up as D or D1 status , but this is just setting a preliminary build date. The cars will not be in Dealerships until after VOI-7. Keep in mind that we aren't finished with the Final Editions yet, and there is a 2 week plant shut-down in July. They may start up in July or August, but don't expect to see a car at your Dealer until after our big gathering. Hope this is helpful, and we will all be able to drive, ogle, sit-in, & photograph the new ******* wonder in Nashville.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric,

It simply seems that the Wizard (who is a very reliable source)
is pointing out the information is BS, he didn't say you made it up. Maybe your dealer misinformed you, have you double checked
for further information? I for one was very curious after reading your post as I have an SRT-10 on order and am eager for
more information too. But after checking with the Wizard he pointed out many of the same facts as other members have poste here and it's quite clear your dealer has misinformed you.
Since you made the initial post, the rest of us would like for you to get clarification from your dealer and let us know what they say.

No flame intended

2charmed

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I tell anything from the number on the certificate? Does this indicate any build sequence or production date? ALSO, and I know this is a repetitive question...Dodge said that price would be announced "shortly before the third quarter". Three more business days.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The numbers on the certs were all random, so don't put any value on that. At this point, with all the re-organizing at Dodge, you will not see the "distribution" plan until late July at the earliest.

As for price, I have no indication when they are releasing that?

FANGS/Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were at the plant for a tour with the In/Ky club last Thur. and were told by the plant manager that they were hoping to start building the SRT/10 "sometime" in August. When we went down the line there were only about three GTS's left to go.

We do have an SRT/10 on order, we were very disapointed that there were no SRT/10's at the plant that day as we haven't seen one in person yet.

The group that was going through the plant on Fri. sould have seen the last of the red and white GTS's go down the line, hisssstory!!!

Waiting !!!!!
FANGS/Indiana

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope to clarify some of the information in this thread. All of the final edition 2002 GTS coupes have been built. The plant is in the process of changing over the line. Production of the 2003 SRT-10 will start in July. 2003 SRT-10 delivery should start in October. MSRP for 2003 should be $79,995 plus gas-guzzler tax and delivery charge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang