Design Studio Closing; Now I'm Getting Nervous

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this on Chrysler closing the Advanced Design Studio. Anyone have any insights on potential impact to the future of our beloved snake?

Have a perfect '04 Black Mamba and have be considering a new coupe. Might be getting close to time to pull the trigger. Not an alarmist but private equity decision makers make me nervous.

Chrysler closing Calif design studio - Yahoo! News

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hayabusa...I saw your username and just wanted to ask...so you have a Hayabusa? Mike just bought an '08 Hayabusa (only got 1/2 mile on it, LOL)...GSX1300...which in your list of vehicles is your Hayabusa (we're new to them). Sorry, not to go off-topic!! But, yes, we should be concerned where Chrysler is concerned, after all, they are closing our BEST Dodge Dealer/Technician available to us, even for you in NJ...Chuck Tator. How do you like your '04 Mamba??? We have a local fella who also has one, has it tremendously beefed up, added rollcage, and it's a monster! WELCOME...I see you have a few posts...are you new to the forums? Just naturally curious about lots of things...hope you don't mind all the questions!!! ~juli

V

Venomiss

Just saw this on Chrysler closing the Advanced Design Studio. Anyone have any insights on potential impact to the future of our beloved snake?

Have a perfect '04 Black Mamba and have be considering a new coupe. Might be getting close to time to pull the trigger. Not an alarmist but private equity decision makers make me nervous.

If you missed this one. If you are serious on buying a new one.

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/611901-08-orders-ended-feb-26th.html

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just a drop in the Ocean. In addition those high skilled guys move around very quickly.

Until Chrysler doesn't cut seriously its work force nothing will really impove. Auto woker unions are commiting suicide ...

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a design studio in Auburn Hills, so I see the consolidating approach. Others such as Ford has a design studio in California. I don't think it's anything to panick about regarding the product direction of Chrysler..

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are quite a few design studios in California. It seems most new styling trends come from California, this includes many foreign manufacturers latest designs.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey by any chance this wouldn't be you would it?
You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

OP
OP
H

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hayabusa...I saw your username and just wanted to ask...so you have a Hayabusa? Mike just bought an '08 Hayabusa (only got 1/2 mile on it, LOL)...GSX1300...which in your list of vehicles is your Hayabusa (we're new to them). Sorry, not to go off-topic!! But, yes, we should be concerned where Chrysler is concerned, after all, they are closing our BEST Dodge Dealer/Technician available to us, even for you in NJ...Chuck Tator. How do you like your '04 Mamba??? We have a local fella who also has one, has it tremendously beefed up, added rollcage, and it's a monster! WELCOME...I see you have a few posts...are you new to the forums? Just naturally curious about lots of things...hope you don't mind all the questions!!! ~juli

Hi Mike & Juli, Had an '03 Busa, sold it to buy the Aprilia. Loved the Busa, it was my first sportbike, but decided to go Italian. Currently own 5 bikes, selling 2, keeping the 3 listed in my signature.

The Mamba is mechanically stock, purchased new and only has 2100 miles. When the sun's out Im on a bike,Mamba is literally pristine. Don't drive her in the rain or bad weather. Haven't decided yet but will either start upgrading the Mamba (exhaust, gears, motons, etc) or sell it and get an '08 coupe. I have to get on it either way as I'd want Chuck to do the work.

Don't post much, work a lot to pay for toys : )

No worries on the questions, don't mind at all. Enjoy the new Busa, ride safe! Here's a pic of my Aprilia as it appeared in Robb Report back in '05 (yeah, my bike, it was cool!).

Attachments

• RSVR 1000 Factory.jpg
    RSVR 1000 Factory.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
H

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey by any chance this wouldn't be you would it?
You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

Nice bike but not me. Mine is a Brutale, pic attached. Love bikes and cars!!! My bikes all have a lot of work (exhaust, carbon fiber, rearsets, stainless lines, Brembos, etc). Viper is still stock for now. Gotta get busy. Have to attend a VCA event to discuss set ups and hear exhausts!

Attachments

• Brutale stock pipes.jpg
    Brutale stock pipes.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 12

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mike & Juli, Had an '03 Busa, sold it to buy the Aprilia. Loved the Busa, it was my first sportbike, but decided to go Italian. Currently own 5 bikes, selling 2, keeping the 3 listed in my signature.
The Mamba is mechanically stock, purchased new and only has 2100 miles. When the sun's out Im on a bike,Mamba is literally pristine. Don't drive her in the rain or bad weather. Haven't decided yet but will either start upgrading the Mamba (exhaust, gears, motons, etc) or sell it and get an '08 coupe. I have to get on it either way as I'd want Chuck to do the work.
Don't post much, work a lot to pay for toys : )
No worries on the questions, don't mind at all. Enjoy the new Busa, ride safe! Here's a pic of my Aprilia as it appeared in Robb Report back in '05 (yeah, my bike, it was cool!).

VERY nice Aprilla~~! Glad you liked the 'Busa too. Mike has always ridden motorcycles, but hasn't been on one in a few years...so this was the choice for him...! He will enjoy it, thank you! You have some NICE vehicles! I hear ya on the stock Mamba...and what you might want done to it...good luck with the mods...any questions, you KNOW Chuck will answer them for you! (We love the Corsa Track-Cat-Back Exhaust//B&B Stepped Headers//VECII//hi-flo cats...niiiiiiiiiiiice sound! Start 'er up in the garage, the whole HOUSE shakes!! YESSSS!!!)....lol...glad you're gonna attend some VCA events, you'll find everyone does so many different things to their cars, it's such an individual decision on what you want done...thanx for writing back and ENJOY~~!:2tu: (What we CAN in this weather, right???!!! BLEAHHHHHHH :(....) ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog