Detailing parts in the engine bay & Trunk- OKay I was bored! lol

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, you have now lost another 50 horsepower from your original 20 (figure that math out). Sorry about your red.

But to each's own on the painting. Some of it looks good and some of it is overkill.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the V covers and wheel caps (but not the wheels or 17" tires). The tire, plastic buttons, caps etc. are all temp as they're on plastic. Good for points at a car show for detail until the paint starts to chip of melt (brakefluid) off. You're a VCA member? Check out the Illustrated Upgrades on how Dave6666 painted his stock hood pad (the insulation pad attached to the bottom of the hood) and paint that for a much longer lasting, nicer effect. Here's another hood pad piece of art ...

You must be registered for see images

Ted

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I applaud the efforts. I for one, tend to favor the original and have (slowly) been refinishing some of the black painted pieces in my engine compartment as the Florida weather where my RT previously lived caused some surface rust. Wasn't driven much by original owner, so sat around more than driven.

Anyway, to each their own...as long as they like what they did.:2tu:

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOOD FOR YOU DUDE. I like the fact you respect and admire the Viper. It is yours and you are taking pride in it. Screw the haters.

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I appreciate the comments. It's all good. The crappy thing that happen this weekend was that I went to look at the spark plug wires. Which haven't even messed around or really payed attention since i got the car in June. But went to grab one of the wires on the driver side and wire #3 just snapped off! The top portion of the plug sleeave just broke apart. I was like what the hell! Then realized all my OEM plug wires are all dry rotted. So I had a pretty crappy sunday. But ordered some new spark plug wires that are comming in this week. And since I am going to replace them I might as well replace the spark plugs. Cause they look pretty crappy and they might be the OEM ones. They are champions. But ordered a whole set of this brand of plugs that everyone here is raving about called E3s? Cause they are cut like in a diamond pattern and have to points they fire off from? Either way I need something soon to get my snake back up and running. Man, that might have been my problem the past month with the idling. Crappy wires! But I did like the orignal spark plug wires cause they were all numbered and had MOPAR and VIPER on them all.:( It was probably because I painted the parts of the car!LMAO

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you picked up wires from qualitywires.com, they're good stuff!