Detailing parts in the engine bay & Trunk- OKay I was bored! lol

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted this on Viper Alley but also wanted to share with you those who don't go there.
So I kind of started off by painting that dull looking "Viper" logo on the valve cover. And then I got 2 oz touch up paint from and awesome site on the internet that matches to whatever paint code and provide it in any form you need. Anyways, I then went into detailing little parts here and there and am sure some will think.. *** ! But At least my engine bay and trunk looks different! lol then I painted the logos on the rims. When I got the car someone already had painted the emblem but just seemed to BLAH! So I enhanced it a little. Check out the pics! Tell me what you all think. And try to be open minded if you hate it.:) Also ended up removing my rear "Dodge" and "Viper R\T 10" emblems off my bumper. One they were scratched up and they just look like crap with that reddish offset orange look!
You must be registered for see images

Center Caps

This pic shows what it looks like with one painted and the other not. I know it's not that noticable! lol

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK the TRUNK. Yes I painted the letters on tire! lol

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What medication were you on during your painting epiphany...I want to stay away from it :rolaugh:. I like the idea of spiffing up the engine bay and trunk, but IMHO you went a little too far.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the center caps and the valve covers. I think the spare tire looks cool too. The rest is a little overkill.

Props on the red and black though!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe you have over-restored some of the orginal parts; problem comes if and when you want to part with it.......it becomes a hard sell....as most buyers look for as much orginality in a car of that age. You might consider repainting the bolts or plastic hole covers black(orginal color); the spare is too ostentatious and does not capture the essence of the era. Too much bling in these cars takes from their muscle car personality.

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, for one thanks SWEET RIDE for the only one positive comment. To the others, at least I didn't install a hideaous wing, or install 22s on my car. To me it brought out more parts. And if it's an overkill, oh well. In the end I am the sorry sap that owns it and drives it. But I do love my viper. And at least I didn't paint my entire dash red! lol OMG that would blind me! LMAO. It could be worst I could have done what most mexicans do around here and buy some "AWESOME" flames from pep boys! LMAO

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter what you do to your car you will not please everyone on the site. As long as you are happy with it, that is all the matters in the end.

Bruce

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Believe you have over-restored some of the orginal parts; problem comes if and when you want to part with it.......it becomes a hard sell....as most buyers look for as much orginality in a car of that age. You might consider repainting the bolts or plastic hole covers black(orginal color); the spare is too ostentatious and does not capture the essence of the era. Too much bling in these cars takes from their muscle car personality.

REALLY?! Explain that to most old and new muscle cars around here! You think my little painting is bad. When someone installs TVs in hood or in the headlights, or even better yet the older muscles over doing it with chrome. Or would you prefer me to chrome the everything? LOL Hey it's cool. Just stating a point. You don't have to like it. But some things might appeal to another person. One some areas are shaddy and will probably be reversed. But others just giving it a little attention. Or I could buy that kit for my entire trunk from the Viper Store and Chrome or Stainless steel my entire trunk! I bet that would be better! I wish! lol Just having some fun with a little paint guys! no harm. Nothing that I couldn't be reversed.:2tu:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could be worst I could have done what most mexicans do around here and buy some "AWESOME" flames from pep boys! LMAO

The flames would be over the top...the important thing is that you seem to have a passion for the Viper.....

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No matter what you do to your car you will not please everyone on the site. As long as you are happy with it, that is all the matters in the end.

Bruce

Thanks man for the reality check. Wasn't taking things personal. But I repsect that response. I know I won't please everyone. But like someone who got a new set of tires, rims, spoiler, supercharger, etc. I just wanted to show off my hard work and time. And even in those other senarios, you still have criticism. I took the worse hit on here then on V-Alley. IT's all good folks. I still show and race my car. So that is more than most owners I know do..lol

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
crviper I think you would like my engine bay. One of the previous owners pulled off every bracket & clamp they could find and painted them red. Everything from clamps on hoses to the tray under the tranny to the bolts in the steering wheel to the prop holding the trunk lid up.

You can see some of it here:
You must be registered for see images attach

I don't think I ever would have done this myself, but it doesn't really bother me too much. I'm sure it took hours upon hours to get it all done so I admire the effort.

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, well now I got to actually see the frame painted I really wasn't intending to do everything red and black. And once I get my supercharger setup in a year then the entire bay will be changed accordingly. I will be getting my valve covers powder coated chrome. So yeah this is just the beginning folks. :)

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painting things red on a red car makes a lot more sense to me than painting stuff white on a red car. (Dave) :) :D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just paint your vents and be done with it. And if you don't want our opinions, you shouldn't post pics. You are subject to those that approve as well as those that do not. That's the way it works. Deal with it.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No digs here. I like it and think it looks sharp. I think I'd have left the airbox intake alone but the spare is kickin'

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you go to an event with alot of cars, part of the fun is seeing how different people customize their cars to suit their own taste. Some of it you may like, much of it you won't. It would be very boring if they were all just alike. Anything you change personalizes your car for you. But, when you ask for comment, realise guys are going to give you a very blunt answer positive or negative. It goes with the territory. Enjoy :drive:

V

Venomiss

Center caps do look better. Is your hood pad done with the black and red too?

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have a hood pad yet. Where do you get those?
And Dave6666: man I am cool about it. And hope your not trying to sound mean about it. I admit at first it was uneasy with taking the comments but I do
agree i went a little over board. So I hope no one is really like mad at
me. But I do appreciate all the comments even the negative ones cause it allows me to see where everyones taste lies. It's all good brothers!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wondering what the valve cover lettering will look like in a few months. You might start to see some rust poking from under the paint....

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a hood pad yet. Where do you get those?
And Dave6666: man I am cool about it. And hope your not trying to sound mean about it. I admit at first it was uneasy with taking the comments but I do
agree i went a little over board. So I hope no one is really like mad at
me. But I do appreciate all the comments even the negative ones cause it allows me to see where everyones taste lies. It's all good brothers!

You're right, it is all cool. I catch crap about my hood vents and Dodge stickers all the time, take it with a laugh, and never hesitate to return a comment to others when I do or do not like what they are showing on their car. Part of the game!

Like has been said, if you like it and when showing the car you get compliments, duck everyone else. I would just be concerned about the life of the paint adhesion to some of the plastic parts. Whether or not I and others like it now, those that do like it will change their mind when it's half peeled off.