Detroit Autoshow

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My girlfriend has family in MI and she's heading that way while the Auto show is going on. I can go with her for a plane ticket of $300 or so. Is it worth going to? Anybody know if SRT will have an new vehicles/models? Thoughts?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's usually quite spectacular (as autoshows go). COBO is a great venue.... but VERY COLD that time of year!

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice feature about Detroit show is you will see many prototypes in addition to new models. After Detroit, they separate for smaller satellite shows. I like to go every few years to see what's new but just a 3 hour drive for us. Check on line and you may find highlights from past shows.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe I,m spoiled becase I live here but if you are coming only for the show I'd save your money. If you get bonus credit with the GF and or future inlaws and go to the show then probably not a bad investmnet.

The whole show is crowded on weekends. The prototypes are cool if you have the patience to wade through the crowd. Other than that it can be like paying to go to a huge car dealership.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Organizers announced 55 new model introductions. Twelve prototypes last year likely more this year. Agree weekday better to avoid crowd. Likely other things to do also, maybe plant tour, etc.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been to a couple of the Detroit Autoshows. Its kinda like Vegas to me. Not something I'd want to pay for every year, but its cool if you only go every couple of years. For $300, I'd say go for it. Take insulated underwear. It gets cold. REALLLLLLLY cold.

OP
OP
S

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responces guys. Still undecided because my Viper isn't running yet and I might use that weekend to make sure it gets done.

OP
OP
S

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Organizers announced 55 new model introductions. Twelve prototypes last year likely more this year. Agree weekday better to avoid crowd. Likely other things to do also, maybe plant tour, etc.

I would love to do the Viper plant tour, but I don't think that's happen right now.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why but I'm always more into the concept cars than the production intros. I just love seeing the stuff that makes me say "Man I wish they'd make that!"
Timnineside, please post pics for us.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT is planing on hosting a Major event at the Detroit Auto Show starting on January 14th; so if it's not too expensive or inconvenient for you, I'd give it a shot!

http://www.drivesrt.com/srt-viper/?utm_source=jrt-email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=srt-viper-link-header&utm_campaign=drivesrt-dialed-in-srt-geared-up-for-the-2013-north-american-international-auto-show

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post a little detail on event? Hard to see web site detail on mobile device.... Or... I'll need to get off phone to a bigger screen...oops!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21